Our commitment to ESG has never been more vital
At Sutton Winson, we pride ourselves on our conscientious approach to business, operating with integrity, empathy and care. In line with the values at our core, we take our commitment to corporate social responsibility seriously.
With climate change posing a palpable threat, and the recent rise in living costs affecting day-to-day life across the UK, it’s become clear to us that we need to further our commitment to Environmental Social Governance (ESG). So, we’ve developed an extensive framework in order to evaluate our existing efforts in ESG and formalise our policy on strengthening each of its three pillars.
We’re passionate about making a positive impact in the communities we’re a part of and strive to build a better world through various initiatives and partnerships. Our approach to supporting our local communities is multifaceted, with SW giving either our time, physical efforts or financial contributions:
- All of our people are encouraged to get involved and actively fundraise for our local communities. Since 2018, our incredible SWinners have raised over £50,000 for our chosen charities, Off The Fence and Integrated Neurological Services
- Recognising the importance of investing in the next generation, we've partnered with Future Frontiers - a fantastic charity that helps disadvantaged students recognise their potential. Since 2022, our volunteers have coached 38 pupils for a total of 170 hours
- Since 2021, our collaboration with local food banks has seen over £12,500 donated by the business, alongside monthly food parcels to assist those within our communities who unfortunately face food insecurity
A responsibility to minimise our impact on the world around us is one we all share, and one we take seriously at SW. We’re committed to helping ensure a sustainable future, so we’ve implemented more environmentally-friendly practices, reducing waste and promoting conservation efforts:
- Every new or renewing home or car insurance policy taken out with us sees a tree planted in partnership with Tree Nation. So far, we've planted over 30,000 trees, contributing to the offset of around 3,600 tons of CO2
- Making the move to reusable business cards created from 100% recycled plastic has helped to reduce our Carbon emissions by 109kg each year
- Our cycle-to-work scheme and hybrid work structure are also in place to help reduce our collective Carbon footprint
Our wonderful SWinners are at the very heart of our business, and every one of us deserves to feel safe, welcomed and valued regardless of age, disability, race, religion, gender or background.
We strive to maintain an environment in which individuality can thrive, and everyone is celebrated for the unique perspective they bring to our team:
- To ensure our people feel supported, all people managers at SW receive Mental Health Awareness training. Our offices also have dedicated Mental Health First Aiders who are on hand to offer effective support and guidance
- During this period of economic uncertainty, our SWinners have received additional financial and wellbeing support from the business
- We acknowledge that there are under-represented groups at SW and the insurance industry as a whole, and as a business remain committed to providing equal opportunities and valuing diversity for our current and prospective staff
Everyone has a place at SW
We're always on the lookout for like-minded people who think they can make a positive contribution to our business and our clients.
So, if you think you've got what it takes and would like to join us...