- Position: Client Handler | Private Clients
- Date Posted: 27/09/2023
- Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Division: Private Clients
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday | 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Benefits: Hybrid (after qual. period), PS Bonus, Fully Funded CII + more
- Reference: SWDH/CB
Exciting career-growth opportunity for an experienced Personal Lines Insurance professional with a passion for people and customer service to join a specialist Private Clients Team within one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers.
You’ll play an essential part of this highly respected and successful team in delivering bespoke insurance solutions to a large client base of High Net Worth individuals.
What you'll do
Our Private Clients Team are experts in their field, delivering high quality insurance products (including: Home, Motor, Fine Art & Jewellery, Yachts & Motorboats, Leisure & Lifestyle and Family Office) and related advice to High Net Worth individuals.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide a positive client experience through careful and tailored communication
- Manage renewals with accuracy and confidence
- Confidently deal with policy adjustments, renewal invitations and placing policies
- Assist with new business and identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities
- Handle day-to-day enquiries
- Manage Insurer relationships
- Manage own book of business, ensuring insurance needs (however bespoke) are met
It’s also important that you have the confidence to seek and maximise opportunities with existing relationships and emerging wealth, as you’ll be developing and growing your own book of business.
What you'll need
- A technically strong understanding of Personal Lines products.
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Effective organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid workload management skills
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication
- Able to demonstrate exceptional levels of integrity and discretion at all times
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience of using the Acturis broking system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Be Cert CII qualified or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
What you'll receive in return
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and personal development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- A rewarding role, working within a supportive and fun working environment, for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working framework (applied after qualifying period)
- Holiday entitlement – 25days+BH (increasing each year with service)
- Group life cover
- Fully funded CII pathway (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards and bonuses
- Employee Assistance Programme including GP consultations, health checks inc dental, mental health support + financial signposting
- Cycle2work scheme & Season Ticket Loan
- Free eye-tests through Specsavers
- Free flu jabs
- Long service awards
- Opportunity to participate in our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and opportunities to socialise
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries
- Office close to Twickenham station and local shops/amenities
- Daily Dress-Down
Who you'll be working for
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond and being:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop, progress and succeed, as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment!
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.