- Position: Business Development Handler| Business Development/Commercial
- Date Posted: 15/11/2023
- Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Division: Business Development/Commercial
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday | 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Hybrid (after qual. period), PS Bonus, Fully Funded CII + more
- Reference: SWRS
Our highly successful Business Development and International team are looking for a personable and enthusiastic BD Handler to work closely with our BD Manager, to bring new and exciting business in to the team and build rapport with potential new clients.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for delivering an accurate, efficient and tailored service to potential clients and pivotal in providing day-to-day support to the team, working to bring in new business. In addition, you will also:Respond to all incoming new business enquiries in a timely fashion
- Fact find, approach insurers and secure the business with support from the Manager
- Provide an accurate and efficient service to clients, in line with the company and department’s procedures, agreed service standards, insurer and industry regulations
- Manage databases to ensure prospect lists (company data, contacts etc) plus any associated records/file notes are always current, valid and maintained in good order
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure that any prospects/leads from any current and/or future campaigns are recorded and relayed to relevant colleague/teams on a timely basis
- Build relationships, predominantly over the telephone but also over time involving site visits and event attendance and similar as may be necessary, with prospective clients to support Manager ensure continual flow of new business enquiries to relevant colleagues/teams
- Help identify potential business opportunities or threats occurring, recommend response and report to Manager
- Deliver growth through client relationships (e.g. prospects, referrals, up-selling, cross-selling).
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience within a business development/sales position- any sector
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexibility and a desire to meet client’s needs in a proactive and positive manner
- The ability to make quick decisions and prioritise effectively
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Be organised and structured in your approach
- The desire to achieve your full potential and embrace additional training and development opportunities.
Ideal, but not essential
Previous experience within a commercial insurance environment would be advantageous but not essential
Experience of using Acturis would advantageous but full training would be provided
What you'll receive in return
At Sutton Winson, we're more than just an insurance company; we're a family that's committed to bringing out the best in our team. We believe in nurturing your growth through a unique and personalised development journey. As you evolve within our organisation, your hard work and achievements will not only be recognised but celebrated.
When you join us, you'll embrace challenges that offer an ideal blend of fulfilment and rewards. In return, you'll enjoy a host of benefits, including:
- Generous annual salary package, reflective of your dedication and expertise.
- Rewarding Environment: Work in a supportive and enjoyable atmosphere for a company renowned throughout the industry for its commitment to training and development.
- Profit Share Bonus: Our success is your success, and we share the rewards annually.
- Hybrid Working: Achieved after a qualifying period, this flexible working framework offers you a balance between office and remote work.
- Holiday Entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
- CII Pathway: We invest in your professional development by fully funding your CII journey, including membership, study materials, exam entries, and paid study leave. Plus, your achievements come with awards and bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Access vital resources like GP consultations, health checks, mental health support, dental appointments, and financial guidance.
- Wellness Perks: Free eye tests and annual flu jabs, plus a sensible covid-working policy and weekly free-fruit deliveries
- Cycle2work scheme, Season Ticket Loan
- Long service awards.
- Community Engagement: Be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility program, contributing to local projects and supporting food banks.
- Social and Fun: Join in on our company events and opportunities to socialise including bake sales and "talk & a cuppa" time.
- Convenient Location: Our office is located near Burgess Hill station and local amenities.
- Casual Dress Code: You can dress down daily.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Here at SW, we recognise and encourage the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.