For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Trainee Insurance Administrator
- Date Posted: 10/02/2021
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Media & Entertainment
Sutton Winson Limited, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for a proactive trainee administrator to join its specialist Media & Entertainment Team in Twickenham to support with managing insurance needs for a large national portfolio of Media and Advertising clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start their career within Insurance Administration and who is willing to learn fast. You’ll be provided with full training and support as well as the opportunity to work alongside, and learn from, a great team who are experts within their field of insurance.
Our Media & Entertainments Team are experts in their field insuring over 30% of the UK’s advertising productions whilst working with a wide range of Advertising and Media agencies from start-ups to two of the largest global networks in the world.
Playing an integral role in the Team, you will:
- Understand and demonstrate our values (Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical).
- Demonstrate support for team / company objectives at all times.
- Be the first point of contact for your media clients, through careful and tailored communication
- Be responsible for setting up meetings internally & externally with insurers or clients.
- Attend meetings internally & externally when & if required.
- Set up clients and policies on the IT platform, assist in maintaining these; attach documentation, emails, letters, policy documentation to the system.
- Produce invoices and confirmation certificates, letters & other admin work to assist with other team members workload.
- Chase payments for late invoices.
- Support with producing, maintaining & submitting monthly bordereau’s for the necessary clients, brokers & insurers.
- Support with updating claims experience on system and spreadsheet.
- Assist Team with any Production/Event claims to support with bringing the claim to settlement.
- Support Team to provide assistance with any other Media & Entertainment client underwriting or claim &/or task that maybe needed.
- Assist with setting up, reviewing and managing Productions &/or Events. This could involve out of hours working, H&S Risk Assessment will be provided if applicable.
- Read and adhere to team processes and procedures as set out in guidance documents. Update where new processes are created or existing one amended.
- Display and develop competencies defined in our Soft & Technical Skills Guidelines. Take ownership of your own development and maintain accurate records of your development needs and learning activities (Personal Development Plan and Learning Log).
- Maintain and update information lists vital to the team i.e. Insurer contact lists, client contact information.
This is a Trainee position, so full training on all aspects of the role will be provided.
The hours for this position are 8.45am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, however, due to the nature of work/ productions, you may be asked to work outside these hours occasionally, so flexibility is essential.
What You’ll Bring
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Intuitive thinking and confidence
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- Competent IT skills with the ability to learn new systems/ processes quickly.
- Preferred but not essential; A Levels, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Whilst we welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we also look out for personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
What You Can Expect From Sutton Winson
- Training and development opportunities
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loan
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
Sutton Winson is one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers serving client in the UK and Worldwide from our offices in Burgess Hill and Twickenham. We are proud to be known as a people-centric company, to prove this, we:
- Hold an Investors in People Gold Award
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring and external training.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training and development opportunities
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in the town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
COVID-19 – Please be assured that we undertake regular Covid-19 Risk Assessments in our offices and have implemented a wide range of safety measures to ensure our staff have a clean, safe working environment at all times whilst on the premises.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.