- Date Posted: 05/01/2022
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: CII Sponsorship, Private Healthcare, Dress Down + More
- Division: Recruitment & Payroll Insurance Team
Trainee Client Handler - Recruitment & Payroll Insurance
Are you a Graduate and looking to start a career in Commercial Insurance?
If so, we want to hear from you.
This is your opportunity to start a career in Commercial Insurance with one of the UK’s top independent insurance brokers.
WHO YOU ARE
You're a Graduate with at least a 2:2 bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), looking for that first rung on the ladder to an exciting and fulfilling career. You’re self-motivated, driven and confident and thrive on bringing fresh ideas and innovative solutions to the field.
Enthusiastic and hungry to grow and develop your business skills, you:
- Are an effective and considerate communicator, able to adapt your communication style to suit your audience
- Have effective problem solving skills and enjoy a challenge
- Are calm under pressure and able to manage a busy workload
- Are passionate about people and can offer great customer service
- Can work comfortably in a team or autonomously
- Enjoy pushing your boundaries and working outside of your comfort zone
- Have an interest in Commercial Business
- Are looking for a company that can enhance your skills and create future personal growth opportunities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Recruitment & Payroll Insurance Team manage a portfolio of bespoke Insurance solutions to the Recruitment and Payroll sector.
As a Trainee Client Handler, you’ll join the highly successful and growing team in our Burgess Hill office, where you’ll provide essential support from the ground up, including:
- Managing a small book of renewals and placing insurance policies effectively and with accuracy
- Seeking and maximising opportunities working with the Team to research and develop new opportunities for existing and potential schemes
- Working efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross-selling
- Handling general enquiries from clients, including new business, mid-term adjustments and renewals, providing the best customer service at all times
- Analysing data to highlight trends and anomalies in order to support our clients with managing risk and exposure
- Drafting reports professionally, engaging with clients and obtaining information
HOW YOU’LL SUCCEED
You’ll be offered an intensive and tailored pathway to success where you can expect to:
- Gain expert technical training in a wide range of Commercial insurance products
- Be fully sponsored and supported to achieve an industry recognised professional qualification - the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) and be encouraged to continue studying towards higher qualifications
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the UK Insurance industry
- Become a fully trained Client Technician within your first year with a company that’s recognised industry-wide as having an excellent reputation for developing and nurturing its people
- Develop Broking skills and insurance product knowledge (i.e. placing Clients with the right product)
- Learn your way around operating our broking system Acturis
- Develop and hone your communication, presentation and customer service skills
- Start your career with an unique and exciting opportunity to work with a great team and growing company
- Enjoy a competitive starting salary with salary reviews and an annual bonus (after a qualifying period)
Your training will start from day one, so no previous insurance experience necessary and, we’ll work with you constantly to ensure that you’re enjoying your role and feeling fulfilled with what and how you’re learning.
WHY SUTTON WINSON?
You’ll enjoy working for a friendly, fun and supportive company that will go over and above to ensure you feel valued, nurtured and encouraged to be your best in order to achieve your career goals.
You’ll be given the opportunity to learn and develop, but also to have your say, be listened to and make a valued contribution to your team and to the company.
You’ll come into regular contact with our accessible and down-to-earth Senior Leadership Team and enjoy exposure to honest open reporting and company planning.
You’ll work with some amazing and talented people who’ll welcome you and make you feel part of the ‘family’ from the start - then mentor you to success!
You’ll be encouraged to get involved in wider participation within the community via our Corporate Social Responsibility Team (we currently support a homeless charity in Brighton and deliver food weekly to the local food bank as our way of giving back to the communities we work and live in).
You’ll receive help if you need it through our Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Team and Health Insurance Plan.
You’ll start your career in Insurance with positivity and be given a clear and achievable career pathway.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
Our bright open-plan office in Burgess Hill is close to the town centre and railway station.
We dress down every day at Sutton Winson, so you’ll feel comfortable when you work.
We work hard but like to celebrate our successes. We hold regular team socials (Covid permitting!), an annual company award ceremony recognising our top achievers and those who have gone above and beyond, as well as a fantastic Christmas party.
WHEN WE'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU
You’ve heard the Who, What, How, Why and Where – now for the When...
We’d like to hear from you by 31 Jan 2022.
If this role has sparked your interest and you’d like to apply, please email your CV with a short note to Jane at Recruit@swib.co.uk telling us why you think you’d be perfect for this role.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
No agencies please.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.