For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Team Manager - Private Clients (High Net Worth)
- Date Posted: 30/09/2020
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: PMI, Annual PR Bonus, 5% Pension, IP, Fully Funded CII Journey
- Division: Private Clients (High Net Worth)
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced Team Manager to join its Private Client Team in Twickenham to support with managing a large national portfolio of High Net Worth clients.
Playing an integral role in the Private Clients Team, you will have a solid understanding of the High Net Worth market and a proven track record in a similar role developing and improving efficiencies of a team.
As well as supporting and developing the team of Client Executives and Technicians, you will also take ownership of some client handling functions and will not be afraid to get stuck in to support the team when needed.
We welcome all the usual things; great communication, accuracy and technical ability, but what we are really looking out for with this role is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
Our Private Client Team are experts in their field, delivering high quality insurance products (including: Home, Motor, Fine Art & Jewellery, Yachts & Motorboats, Leisure & Lifestyle and Family Office) and related advice to High Net Worth individuals,
Playing an integral role within this team, you will:
- Train and develop a team of people
- Consistently deliver quality and compliance including file auditing with feedback
- Improve efficiencies of team processes using your knowledge of acturis
- Manage Insurer relationships
- Manage a small book of business, ensuring insurance needs (however bespoke) are met
You will be ready for a challenge and be looking to evolve your Leadership skills into a position where you can use your communication skills to encourage and enhance this close-knit team.
Reporting to the Head of Private Clients your role will be to oversee the day-to-day operations of the team and provide expert guidance and support ensuring the team are continually meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations.
The successful applicant would be joining one of the high performing teams within the business with plans in place to grow by 25% within next 3 years.
What you’ll bring
- A good technical understanding of Personal Lines products in the High Net Worth market
- Leadership and mentoring skills and a good track record of training and developing people
- Experience of setting and monitoring targets with experience of managing direct reports
- A good understanding of delivering quality and compliance
- IT confidence with enhanced Acturis skills
- Solid organisational and workload management skills
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be a clear, confident and motivational communicator, able to effectively adapt your communication style to suit your target audience
- Able to demonstrate exceptional levels of integrity and discretion at all times
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Cert CII accreditation and an interest in achieving Diploma accreditation
- A degree or relevant industry experience. Minimum A Levels, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
What you can expect in return
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous package – including a salary, reflective of your experience and commitment, PMI, 5% Pension contribution
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded Cert CII up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
Sutton Winson is one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers serving client in the UK and Worldwide from our offices in Burgess Hill and Twickenham. We are proud to be known as a people-centric company, to prove this, we:
- Hold an Investors in People Gold Award
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in the town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.