- Date Posted: 03/11/2017
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Division: Commercial Account Managed
- Contact: Recruit@swib.co.uk
Senior Commercial Insurance Account Technician, Account Managed Team
Insurance A great opportunity to for an experienced Senior Technician to join our Account Managed Team in Burgess Hill.
This is an interesting and varied role, dealing with all types of Commercial Insurances (including: Fleet, Property/Business Interruption, Marine Cargo, Professional Indemnity, Cyber & Crime) for medium to large sized businesses with premium levels of £25,000 to £250,000+, some of whom are Global entities.
You will have your own book of clients and will be a strong communicator, able to provide a great service and build lasting relationships with our clients.
This predominantly an office based role, working for the Sutton Winson ‘Team of the Year 2016’ in our open plan offices in central Burgess Hill, you will be expected to attend client visits, as and when required.
We are a hard working company but we also know how to have fun.
- Looking after medium to large sized businesses with premium levels of £25k to £250k+ so technical knowledge and service delivery experience is essential
- Providing essential support to Account Executives and taking responsibility for being the day to day contact for your own book of clients
- Role will include negotiating, placing and reporting to clients, so applicants must have excellent communication, negotiation and IT skills
- Ability to use own initiative, work under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to impart knowledge to others and challenge insurers where appropriate
- Will be dealing with renewals, some new business & mid term adjustments plus Global risks
- Some focus on growing existing book of business via upsells and referrals
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential
Skills and experience
- Must have substantial Commercial insurance experience
- A positive attitude with a hands on approach to providing support to Account Executives
- An enthusiastic, confident communicator with strong customer service values
- Someone who can demonstrate their ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexible approach and willing to learn
- Agile thinker, able to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Has problem solving skills and enjoys a challenge
- Strong attention to detail
- Educated to Minimum A Level standard (or equivalent), with GCSE’s Grade A-C in Maths and English Language essential
- Dip CII qualified or above preferred (Cert CII as a minimum)