For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Senior Client Handler - Home and Motor Insurance
- Date Posted: 15/04/2021
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Funded CII, Healthcare Insurance, Annual Bonus + More
- Division: Employee Benefits
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced Senior Client Handler with strong Home and Motor Insurance knowledge to join their successful Employee Benefits Team based in Twickenham.
Our Employee Benefits Team specialise in providing tailored personal insurance solutions for members of employee benefit schemes across the UK.
Looking after a large number of existing clients, including an exclusive audience of employees and pensioners of several companies including BP, Centrica and Shell, we also have delegated authority with a number of leading UK Insurers meaning we can go beyond the traditional role of a Broker by making underwriting decisions about new business, mid-term adjustments and renewals.
High retention rates of over 90% demonstrate the quality of our service delivery.
As a Senior Client Handler you’ll play an integral role within the team. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Handle day to day enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and policy management
- Develop new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Meet and develop Client’s insurance needs
- Enhance client/ insurer relationships
- Develop book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Provide support to the Team Manager with reporting, high level administration and coaching & mentoring the team
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships. It’s essential that you have intuitive people skills and the confidence to deliver an amazing client experience through careful and tailored communication as well as managing renewals with accuracy and confidence.
Technically, you’ll have solid Personal Lines Insurance product and account handling knowledge, preferably in Motor and Home Insurance, and be able to pick up the role quickly and confidently.
We’re particularly looking for:
- An excellent technical understanding of Personal Lines products, ideally extensive experience in Home and Motor
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be comfortable working alongside your Team or under your own steam and won’t be afraid to ask questions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- IT confidence
- Have a Cert CII under your belt or at least be prepared to starting your Cert CII journey and completing within 12 months.
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Most of all, you’ll thrive on taking on new challenges and pushing your own personal development boundaries. We will also be looking at personality, team fit and someone who could genuinely make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
What you can expect in return
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII journey (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in Twickenham town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance to us, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; remote working, distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points. We ensure that we follow the guidelines set out by the UK Government and implement appropriate changes, when necessary.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.