For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Senior Claims Negotiator (Commercial Claims)
- Date Posted: 01/02/2021
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Commercial Claims
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UKs largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for a talented Senior Claims Negotiator, ideally with field-based experience, to join its Commercial Claims Team in Twickenham.
Our Commercial Claims Team, based in Twickenham, handle a wide variety of claims from a range of Commercial fields, so it’s vital you have a good understanding of EL/PL/ PI, Property Damage and Motor Fleet Vehicle and/or Motor Trade claims.
The Team prides itself on offering a tailored and customer-centric approach to Commercial Claims, providing expert guidance and negotiation along with a prompt and efficient service.
This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in this high-performing team, whilst working for a company that will support your development and encourage personal growth.
As well as managing a busy caseload, you’ll have a good understanding of the Commercial Claims process and be confident taking ownership of Claims from start to finish, whilst ensuring that each client experiences a positive journey. You’ll therefore be a confident and empathetic communicator, able to deal with the challenges Claims can often throw up and able to guide each client with careful and tailored advice.
Day to Day Responsibilities include:
- Taking notifications from clients, setting up new claims and handling the process from start to finish
- Liaising effectively with Commercial Client Managers and Executives to gain an in-depth understanding of each case
- Effectively negotiate with Insurers, Accident Management companies, Solicitors and Third Parties to keep the process moving
- Ensure clients are kept updated and informed during the claims process, whilst managing expectations and assisting with settlements
- Producing and collating claims data and analyse trends
- Scrutinising Insurer claims reports
- Leading internal meeting with the Claims team to provide updates on cases and provide best practice solutions
- Coaching/ Mentoring new starters to the business and those with less experience
- Attending client meetings and field visits with Client Managers/ Executives
- Negotiating with Insurers to ensure the best outcome for your clients
So, if you’ve been managing all aspects of Commercial claims at either an insurer, broker or in a Loss Adjusting firm, enjoy solving problems, are an analytical thinker and pride yourself on being a resilient people person who’s not afraid to ask questions, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Bring
You’ll have an excellent understanding of Commercial products and be confident taking ownership of your clients with positivity, passion and professionalism.
We are particularly looking for someone who can bring:
- A good knowledge of handling motor vehicle fleet and/or motor trade (road risk) claims (preferred, but not essential)
- A good knowledge of pre-action protocols and timeframes within portability on Liability claims
- Experience of Property Damage claims
- A good understanding of EL/PL and PI claims
- Risk Management advice, including spotting claims trends and the remedial action needed.
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Negotiation skills and decision-making confidence
- Ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- Problem solving skills - you must enjoy a challenge!
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Empathy and patience preferably with experience of dealing with vulnerable customers
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence and, ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- A Cert CII qualification or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey and beyond
Most of all, you will thrive on taking on new challenges and pushing your own personal development boundaries. We will also be looking at personality, team fit and someone who could genuinely make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
What you can expect from Sutton Winson
We love working with great people and, even more so, we love to support, nurture and develop. We want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
As well as a rewarding role within a fun and supportive environment, you’ll be offered some great benefits including:
- A generous annual salary with regular reviews PLUS Annual Profit Share Bonus after qualifying period
- Fully funded CII studies (plus monetary achievement awards), CII Membership and time off for studying and exams
- Regular training opportunities
- Team Building events
- An opportunity to get involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility programme
- Private Medical Cover (EquipsMe), active and supportive Wellbeing Team and Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual salary reviews
- Season Ticket loans, bike to work scheme, insurer discounts + more
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- have recently achieved Chartered status
- were voted one of the Top 5 Independent Insurance Brokers to Work for
- won a Training award at the Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently. We work hard to recruit the right people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to develop their skills and knowledge.
Work. Life. Balance.
Our bright, open-plan offices in Twickenham are based in the town centre, close to the mainline station and bus routes.
We offer a daily dress down in-office policy and provide free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water.
Whilst we demand excellence, we also have fun, celebrating our successes throughout the year and encouraging collaborative working through team building events, team lunches and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
COVID-19 – The health and safety of our staff is paramount, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could be your next career move, apply today and let us know what you could bring.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.