- Date Posted: 24/09/2019
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Fully Funded CII journey plus achievement rewards, annual bonus
- Division: Employee Benefits (Underwriting)
Personal Lines Insurance Team Manager (Employee Benefits Underwriting)
Sutton Winson Ltd are looking for an experienced Personal Lines Team Manager to join their successful Employee Benefits (Underwriting) Team in Twickenham.
Playing an integral role in the Employee Benefits (Underwriting) Team, you’ll have a solid understanding of Personal Lines products and have previous experience in a similar role with effective leadership and people management skills.
As well as supporting and developing a small, dedicated team of Client Technicians, you will also take ownership of some client handling functions and won’t be afraid to get stuck in to support the team when needed.
We welcome all the usual things; great communication, accuracy and technical ability, but what we are really looking out for with this role is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
Our Employee Benefits Underwriting Team look after a large number of existing clients, including an exclusive audience of employees and pensioners of several companies such as BP, Centrica and Shell.
We have delegated authority with a number of leading UK Insurers, which means we don’t just act in the traditional role of a Broker, we also make underwriting decisions about new business, MTA and renewals. We enjoy high retention rates of over 90%, which demonstrates the quality of our service delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Employee Benefits (Underwriting), your role will be to oversee the day-to-day operations of the team and provide expert guidance and support ensuring ensure they are working to their best ability and continually meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations.
Ideally, you’ll have a good progression record, which has naturally taken you into a Leadership role where you have trained and developed a team. You’ll be ready for a challenge and be looking to evolve your Leadership skills into a position where you can use your communication skills to encourage and enhance this close-knit team.
What You’ll Bring
- A good technical understanding of Personal Lines products
- Solid organisational and workload management skills
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be a clear, confident and motivational communicator, able to effectively adapt your communication style to suit your target audience
- Leadership and mentoring skills and a good track record of training and developing people
- Experience of setting and monitoring targets with experience of managing direct reports
- A good understanding of quality and compliance
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Intuitive thinking and convictive decision making
- IT confidence
- Cert CII accreditation and an interest in achieving Diploma accreditation
- A degree or relevant industry experience. Minimum A Levels, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
What You Can Expect in Return
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous package – including a salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded Cert CII up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
Sutton Winson is one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers serving client in the UK and Worldwide from our offices in Burgess Hill and Twickenham. We are proud to be known as a people-centric company, to prove this, we:
- Hold an Investors in People Gold Award
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in the town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.