- Date Posted: 28/02/2018
- Employment Type: Fixed Term (12 months Maternity Cover)
- Salary: Competitive (pro rata)
- Working Pattern: 3 full days per week (to include Mon and Fri), 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Employee Benefits - Service & Underwriting
- Contact: Recruit@swib.co.uk
Personal Lines Insurance Client Handler (Part Time, Fixed Term)
This role provides a great opportunity to join the Employee Benefits Servicing and Underwriting team (Personal Lines) which looks after a large number of existing clients, including an exclusive audience of employees and pensioners of several companies such as BP, Centrica and Shell.
The successful person will focus on retaining and servicing clients, be responsible for underwriting and decision making, together with servicing day-to-day enquiries, handling renewals and developing and growing an existing book of business through Up and Cross-selling,
We have a delegated authority with one of major insurer which means we don’t act in the traditional role of a broker only but we make underwriting decisions about new business, MTAs and renewals. We enjoy very high retention rates of over 90% which demonstrates the quality of our service delivery. Therefore an ability to deliver a high standard of client service is crucial to our success.
The role is being offered on a Part Time, fixed term basis to cover a 12 month maternity leave period. Ideally, you will be available to work 3 full days per week (to include Mondays and Fridays), however, other working patterns could be considered (please note that afternoon cover until 5pm will be essential on all days worked). A typical working day will be from 8.45am and finish at 5pm and will incorporate an unpaid 1 hour lunch break). Total weekly hours 21.45. Contract start: April 2018.
- Handling day to day enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and policy management
- Call handling to meet and develop the client’s insurance needs
- Developing new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Ensuring client’s insurance needs are accurately identified and met
- Enhancing the client and insurer relationships
- Communication with insurers/clients by telephone, letter and email
- Developing and enhancing our book of business through up-selling and cross-selling
- Understanding the market available to secure and retain all risks
Skills and experience
- Have Personal Lines Insurance experience ideally including Home and Motor (strong Home or Motor experience will also be considered
- Be educated to Minimum A Level standard (or equivalent), with GCSE’s Grade A-C in Maths and English Language essential
- Be an enthusiastic, confident communicator with strong customer service values
- Be someone who can demonstrate their ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Have a flexible approach and a strong willingness to learn
- Be an agile thinker, able to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Have strong problem solving skills and enjoy a challenge
- Always apply strong attention to detail to you work
- Ideally have prior knowledge of Acturis broking system (not essential as training can be provide)
ABOUT SUTTON WINSON
For over 60 years, UK and Global businesses have entrusted us to source and manage their insurance portfolios – firms that appreciate our attention to detail and the benefits we bring. The satisfaction of our customers and, therefore, our success as a business, depends on the commitment and contribution of everyone that works at Sutton Winson.
Staff Training and Development
We are proud holders of the Investors in People Gold Award and we work hard to ensure that our staff feel valued and rewarded. To prove our commitment we: actively encourage training and development; hold reviews twice a year, as well as regular 1-2-1 sessions to provide support and encouragement; and promote a ‘Coaching Culture’ where knowledge is cascaded regularly.
After 20 years of holding Investors in People status, we were proud to be formally accredited with the Insurance Industry’s Gold Standard of Chartered Insurance Broker in December 2017. To be recognised as Chartered reinforces our long held values of professionalism and impartiality, and reflects our dedication to developing our people.
We work really hard to recruit people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to continue to develop their skills and knowledge. We know our staff’s knowledge is the key to our success and have established processes to ensure this develops.
We operate from 2 offices: Burgess Hill, West Sussex and Twickenham, Middlesex. Both offices are open plan and relaxed and are based in town/city centres, close to mainline stations. We provide free fresh fruit every week and operate a daily dress down policy to ensure the comfort of our staff.
Celebrating our Success
Whilst we work hard for our clients, we also try hard to have fun and celebrate our successes. We hold a Summer Awards Ceremony and Team Building event, a Christmas Party, Half Year and Year End celebrations and Team lunches throughout the year, ensuring that our Teams in both offices get to know one another in a relaxed and informal way, as often as possible.
Send us your CV and a short covering letter letting us know what you could bring to Sutton Winson