For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Personal Lines Insurance Client Handler
- Date Posted: 18/09/2020
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: monday to Friday 8.45 to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Employee Benefits - Underwriting
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced Personal Lines Client Handler to join their successful Employee Benefits (Underwriting) Team in Twickenham.
Our Employee Benefits Team specialise in providing tailored personal insurance solutions for members of employee benefit schemes across the UK.
Looking after a large number of existing clients, including an exclusive audience of employees and pensioners of several companies such as BP, Centrica and Shell, we also have delegated authority with a number of leading UK Insurers meaning we can go beyond the traditional role of a Broker by making underwriting decisions about new business, MTA and renewals.
High retention rates of over 90% demonstrate the quality of our service delivery.
As a Client Handler you’ll play an integral role within the team. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Handle enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and policy management
- Meet and develop Client’s insurance needs
- Develop new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Enhance client/ insurer relationships
- Develop book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Understand the market available to secure and retain all risks
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships. It’s therefore essential that you have intuitive people skills and the confidence to deliver an amazing client experience through careful and tailored communication, as well as managing renewals with accuracy and confidence.
Technically, you’ll have solid Personal Lines Insurance product knowledge in Motor and Home and, ideally, you will have experience of using the Acturis Broking System.
- A good technical understanding of Personal Lines products. Home and Motor insurance required.
- Effective, confident & considerate communicator. Both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients, able to adapt your communication style to your audience
- A positive and proactive approach to learning. Willing to take on board, and run with, new concepts quickly
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Well organised and able to produce work demonstrating accuracy and good attention to detail
- Intuitive thinking. Able to make quick and effective decisions with confidence
- Brilliant Customer Service. Demonstrate a customer service ethos that matches our core values (Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical).
- IT confidence. You'll know your way around MS Office and ideally, Acturis
- Cert CII qualified. Or, you'll have a keen interest in starting and committing to your fully-funded CII journey with Sutton Winson.
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
You’ll thrive on making a difference to the business, be a professional and convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in role that gives you balance and reward in equal measure.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Supportive Training and Development
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Bright, open-plan town-centre office, close to train and bus routes (we are currently observing
- Daily dress down
- Family-friendly, fun and supportive working environment
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
WHY SUTTON WINSON?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- · Investors in People Gold Award holders
- · Hold Chartered Broker status
- · Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment. Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.