- Date Posted: 05/10/2017
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Personal Lines
- Contact: Recruit@swib.co.uk
Personal Lines Insurance Claims Technician
Our in-house Claims Team are looking for a Claims Adviser to work within our Personal Lines Team in Twickenham. The Team handles household, travel and personal accident claims on a Delegated Authority basis so ideally, you will have some experience in one or more of these classes.
Claims is a busy and challenging environment and we are looking for someone who can effectively manage a caseload of claims across all classes. We expect our advisors to act as the insurer in terms of policy cover interpretation, assessing settlements etc., whilst maintaining our high levels of customer care, as our personal clients are from employer affinity schemes.
The role will be based in our spacious, open office located in Central Twickenham (close to the main line station).
- Handling claims for household (buildings and contents), travel and personal accident from cradle to grave including agreeing and settling under Delegated Authority
- Maintaining agreed Service Level Agreements and ensuring supply chain and Loss Adjusters do so
- Demonstrating excellent organisation skills and be confident maintaining and building client relationships.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- An enthusiastic, confident communicator with strong customer service values
- The ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- A flexible approach and willing to learn
- Agile thinker, able to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Has problem solving skills and enjoys a challenge
- Strong attention to detail
- Resilient – able to deal with difficult phone calls and giving bad news
- Minimum higher education qualifications such as A Levels or equivalent. Must have GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English Language