- Date Posted: 17/05/2022
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Hybrid Working (after qual. period), Bonus, healthcare + more
- Division: Private Clients - Development
Personal Insurance Client Handler - Development
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for a Client Handler with a passion for sales and customer service to join their successful Business Development Team in Twickenham.
Supporting our busy Employee Benefits Team who provide tailored Personal Lines insurance solutions to members of employee benefits schemes across the UK, you’ll use your sales and customer service skills to develop new business opportunities and enhance the user experience.
You’ll play an integral role as a Client Handler within the Development Team. On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- Sending outbound messages (emails, letters and phone calls) to a prospect list in order to gain quotations.
- Meeting and developing Client’s insurance needs
- Developing new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Enhancing client/ insurer relationships
- Developing a book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Understanding the market available to secure and retain all risks
You’ll be the first point of contact for incoming enquiries and will be making outbound calls to prospects. It’s essential that you have intuitive people skills and the confidence to deliver an amazing client experience through careful and tailored communication as well as managing your prospect list with accuracy and confidence.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Solid Personal Lines Insurance product knowledge is essential, ideally in Motor and Home. We are also looking for is somebody with the right attitude towards striving to hit targets and learning. You’ll be provided with full training to help you achieve and be welcomed into a fantastic team who will support and mentor you to success.
We’re particularly looking for:
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be comfortable working alongside your team or under your own steam and won’t be afraid to ask questions
- Positive proactive attitude. We’re called the Development Team because we have to develop opportunities to get to the point of sale – it is not a case of just processing calls.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence. The CII certificate will need to be gained so a good academic background will put the candidate in a strong position.
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- Confident using IT– MS Office essential and experience using Acturis preferred
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders since 1998
- A CCII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development
REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Fully funded CII pathway (including membership, study materials, exam entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Daily dress-down
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Town centre office close to Twickenham station
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, develop, progress and succeed as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.