For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Junior Accounts Assistant
- Date Posted: 10/05/2021
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday - 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Finance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for a Junior Accounts Assistant to join their well-respected Finance Team based in Twickenham.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our busy Finance Team in Twickenham for a Junior Accounts Assistant. This is an interesting and varied role, dealing with all types of Accounts processes within our busy Finance Team.
We are looking for someone who is a confident communicator, who will be comfortable building good working relationships with our internal and external clients. You will enjoy team working and be equally as confident managing your own work streams. With exceptional organisational skills you will also be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties to include:
- Process and reconcile receipts from customers
- Process and reconcile Insurer statements
- Liaise with Account Handlers and Insurers
- Review and maintain debtor and creditor ageing on Client and Insurer ledgers
- Process payments and refunds
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing invoices, expenses and credit cards and obtaining the relevant approval
- Preparing payment runs on a weekly basis
- Assist in the month end close process
- Provide any Ad Hoc support as and when required
What you’ll bring to the role
- Team working - you’ll be confident to work alongside your Team or under your own steam - and won’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Good with Numbers - a basic understanding of Accounting functions would be an advantage
- Effective communication - you’ll be confident communicating verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning – you’ll be proactive with learning the role and also committed to undertaking professional development as required.
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- IT confidence – you’ll have strong MS Office skills (Word and Excel) and, ideally, some experience of Xero Accounting Software. Full system training will be provided
- Educated to a minimum GCSE/ O Level standard with passes in Maths and English Language
Most of all, you’ll thrive on taking on new challenges and pushing your own personal development boundaries. We will also be looking at personality, team fit and someone who could genuinely make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
What you can expect in return
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- Regular salary reviews
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded study support
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in Twickenham town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building and social events
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance to us, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; remote working, distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points. We ensure that we follow the guidelines set out by the UK Government and implement appropriate changes, when necessary.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.