- Date Posted: 20/02/2019
- Employment Type: Part Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Wednesday (8.15am to 5.00pm)
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Division: Operations Team
IT Systems & HR Administrator
Would you like to join an award-winning independent Insurance broker as our next IT Systems & HR Administrator in Burgess Hill? If so, we want to hear from you!
You’ll play an integral part of our fun and dedicated Operations Team in Burgess Hill by providing IT Systems Support to the wider company to help maintain working systems for office and remote users as well as providing a first-class HR Administration service.
Ideally, you will have a good mix of strong Admin skills (ideally in an HR setting, although not essential) as well as having a solid understanding of IT Systems and how to support
end- users. Full training will be provided.
We welcome all the usual things like attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills and being well organised. However, what we really look out for is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
This is a great opportunity to join a team who deal with a wide variety of IT System and HR administrative tasks, including:
- Acting as 1st line support between staff and our external IT engineers for all Cloud Based It & Telephone issues
- Monitoring IT System use to ensure consistent performance
- Training users on IT and Telephony systems
- Maintaining and replacing office IT hardware
- Maintaining information security management system
- General IT Administrative Tasks (e.g. Asset register)
- Maintaining staff records on our HR System (Sage)
- Issuing HR documents (e.g. salary letters, contract amendments)
- Completing joiner and leaver checklists
- General & ad hoc HR administrative tasks (e.g. Data Purging, )
- Liaison with external facilities management companies
This is a part time position to be worked as: 23.25 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - 8.15am to 5.00pm).
What you’ll bring
- Experience and a good understanding of IT & Telephony systems
- An enthusiastic approach to learning new and different systems and activities
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Extensive administration experience (with strong MS Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- A mature, professional approach with a proven ability to work with integrity and discretion at all times
- Strong team working ethos and a good sense of humour!
- Passion, energy and professionalism
- Intuitive thinking and strong organisation abilities
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes in English Language and Maths
- A thirst to learn and develop your skills and knowledge to adapt to the needs of the business
What you’ll get in return
- A rewarding, varied role within a supportive, fun and relaxed working environment
- Competitive salary
- Annual profit share bonus (after a qualifying period)
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising annually to 27 days (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment Pension
- Interest-free season ticket and parking loans
- Insurance discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social events
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic team and develop personally and professionally.
Why Choose Us?
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. To back this up, we:
- Are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Have achieved Chartered Broker status
- In September 2018, won a Training award at the Insurance Age Broker Awards
- Were voted one of the Top 5 Independent Insurance Brokers to Work For in 2016
We live by our Core Values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Bright, open-plan town centre offices, just 5 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes
- Daily dress down policy = comfortable and relaxed working environment
- Unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water
- Complementary fresh fruit
Whilst we demand excellence, we also like to have fun! We celebrate our successes throughout the year with team building events, Summer & Christmas parties, team lunches, fund raising and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could be your next career move, apply today and let us know what you could bring.