For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Insurance Broker - Healthcare & Protection
- Date Posted: 06/09/2021
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Profit Share Bonus, Healthcare, Fully funded CII
- Division: Healthcare & Protection
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are seeking a Health Insurance Broker with a passion for people and customer service to join their successful Healthcare & Protection Team in Burgess Hill.
Our Healthcare & Protection Team specialise in providing tailored Health Insurance solutions to a broad range of individual and corporate clients in the UK.
Due to exciting growth in our Individual Health portfolio we are looking for a Broker who will complement the team and bring experience, professionalism and above all, people skills.
This exciting new role will provide you with the perfect opportunity to continue or build a career in Health Insurance through managing existing client enquiries, to building new business through internal and external referrals.
You’ll be provided with comprehensive and intensive training to enable you to achieve a high level of technical ability, together with professional qualification sponsorship, starting with the Certificate in Health & Protection from the Chartered Insurance Institute (Cert CII).
On a day to day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- Effective management of an existing portfolio of individual healthcare clients
- Providing advice and support to your clients and insurers
- Utilising the broking system (Acturis) to effectively manage administration, renewals, quotes and new business
- Develop strong relationships with clients and insurers and build your portfolio through warm leads and recommendations
Please note that this role will involve a training period, during which you will be required to split your time between our Burgess Hill office and the Individual Health Insurance hub in Crowborough to ensure that you gain full exposure to all aspects of the role. It’s therefore essential that you are able to offer some flexibility and have access to transport.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You’ll be the first point of contact for incoming enquiries and, at times, discussing personal medical conditions and situations with clients. It’s therefore essential that you are able to communicate with care and empathy and, importantly, have good listening skills.
We’re particularly looking for:
- Previous experience working within a Health Insurance environment with a good knowledge of Health Insurance & protection products (preferred but not necessary as if you have the right character & attitude, we will train you)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships
- Effective, confident and considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style appropriately to your audience
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, empathy and high levels of integrity and discretion
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and the ambition to succeed and grow
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- IT confidence – experience using MS Excel, Word and Outlook and, ideally Acturis
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard (or equivalent), with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we also put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and personal development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII journey (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans & Bike to Work Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
Sutton Winson Ltd is one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers with an enviable market reputation for providing exceptional service and bespoke insurance solutions to a broad spectrum of national and international clients.
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
WORK + LIFE = BALANCE
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan office, based in Burgess Hill town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Active wellbeing Programme with Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance to us, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; remote working, distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points. We ensure that we follow the guidelines set out by the UK Government and implement appropriate changes, when necessary.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.