- Date Posted: 12/04/2022
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Hybrid working (after qual. period), annual bonus, healthcare
- Division: Healthcare & Protection
Healthcare & Protection Insurance Broker
Exciting career-growth opportunity for a Health Insurance Broker with a passion for people and customer service to join a successful Healthcare & Protection Team within one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers.
Our Healthcare & Protection Team specialise in providing tailored Health Insurance & Group Risk solutions to a broad range of individual and corporate clients in the UK.
Due to exciting growth in our Group Health portfolio we are looking for a Broker who will complement the team and bring experience, professionalism and above all, people skills.
This exciting new role will provide you with the perfect opportunity to continue or build a career in Health Insurance through managing existing client enquiries to building new business through internal and external referrals.
You’ll be provided with comprehensive and intensive training to enable you to achieve a high level of technical ability, together with professional qualification sponsorship, starting with the Certificate in Health & Protection from the Chartered Insurance Institute (Cert CII).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Focusing on renewals, you’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build up and manage key relationships.
On a day to day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- Effective management of a portfolio of Group healthcare clients
- Providing advice and support with claims and queries to your clients and insurers
- Utilising the broking system (Acturis) to effectively manage administration, renewals, quotes and claims
- Developing strong relationships with clients and insurers and build your portfolio through warm leads and recommendations
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
As you'll be dealing with incoming enquiries and, at times, discussing personal medical conditions and situations with clients, it's essential that you are able to communicate with care and empathy. Most importantly you'll have good listening skills.
We’re particularly looking for:
- Previous experience working within a Health Insurance environment with a good knowledge of Health Insurance products preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships
- Effective, confident and considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style appropriately to your audience
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, empathy and high levels of integrity and discretion
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and the ambition to succeed and grow
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision-making skills
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- Strong IT Skills– experience using MS Excel, Word and Outlook and, ideally Acturis
- Cert CII or be willing to undertake training to achieve within 18 months
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and personal development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded CII pathway (including membership, study materials, exam entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Daily dress-down
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Town centre office close to Burgess Hill station
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, develop, progress and succeed as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.