- Date Posted: 24/05/2022
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Car Allowance, PMI, Income Protection + more
- Division: Risk Management
Health & Safety Risk Consultant
Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Health & Safety and Risk Consultant to work within the expanding Risk Management division of one of the UK’s largest independent insurance brokers.
As a Health & Safety Consultant at Sutton Winson, you’ll play a key role in identifying risks and developing and delivering tailored solutions, including:
- Health & Safety audits, reviews, consultancy, fire risk assessments
- IOSH packaged training courses Managing Safely and Working Safely
- First Aid and Mental Health First Aid training
- Fire Safety training
You’ll deliver a range of Health & Safety services to clients from a broad range of industry sectors, so it’s therefore essential that you have experience of delivering training and hold the appropriate qualifications.
Your role will also involve working closely with Client Managers within our internal insurance teams. Using your strong people and communication skills, you’ll provide accurate and relevant information and advice to them and their clients around the benefits of Health & Safety services.
The key areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Client Management – delivering H&S products and services, managing renewals list, identifying up-selling opportunities, running IOSH packaged training courses
- Business Development - supporting the Director and Marketing Team in developing new risk-management aligned campaigns and ideas for new products and services to contribute towards growth
- Prospecting and Database Management – following up on expressions of interest and chasing proposals with prospective clients
- Sales & Marketing – supporting with producing sales and marketing proposals, assisting with educating colleagues on H&S products and services and delivering H&S seminars
This role will be home-based with the expectation of attendance in either the Burgess Hill or Twickenham offices, when required.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to regularly travel to UK-wide client premises. You will be provided with a generous car allowance and all the tools needed to carry out your role safely and effectively.
Whilst we are focusing our search in the South East where are offices are located, we will consider applications from candidates living further afield.
Finally, you’ll report to and work closely with the Risk Management Director to provide support with developing the business. We’re looking for passion, commitment and pragmatic thinking. You’ll be as confident delivering face-to-face training as you are networking and communicating your ideas and supporting your team to increase its growth potential.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
It’s essential that you are fully qualified and have the experience to provide the exceptional levels of service delivery and client management required for this role.
You will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
- NEBOSH Level 6 National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Qualified (to IFE-recognised standard) and an experience fire risk assessor
- First Aid and Mental Health First Aid course instructor qualification
- Extensive experience of working in Occupational Health & Safety (ideally across the industry spectrum and in a consultative capacity)
- Experience in delivering training (with a minimum 50% face-to-face delivery) or a Level 3 qualification in training
- Good level of competence with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- A natural communicator, you’ll be friendly, approachable and able to speak openly and confidently to a broad audience in order to deliver essential information with clarity and conviction
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to organise and plan your own work and diary effectively
- Experience and ability in a sales environment to speak passionately and knowledgeably about the products and services – including an ability to persuade and influence (consultative selling approach)
- A genuine determination for achieving success
- A desire to commit to ongoing professional development
- Ability to research, investigate and find answers for the delivery of Health & Safety support in a relevant and pragmatic way for each client (you’ll be a valued problem solver)
- Ability to work effectively with others and build mutually productive relationships
- Willingness to travel and demonstrate flexibility over working hours, where necessary
- Ability to remain focused and be motivated by targets
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders since 1998
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development
REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Generous car allowance
- Home-based contract
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, develop, progress and succeed as well as work with a great collection of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.