- Date Posted: 02/11/2022
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Bonuses, PMI, Income Protection + More
- Division: Risk Management
- Reference: SWMC
Health & Safety Risk Consultant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic H&S Risk Consultant to join our fast paced, successful Risk Management Team. You will be pivotal in delivering a range of Health & Safety services to clients from a broad range of industry sectors playing a key role in identifying risks and developing and delivering tailored solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will provide a high quality service to clients, in line with the company and department’s procedures, agreed service standards and industry regulations.
In addition you will:
- Deliver Health & Safety products and services as per specification, agreeing objectives with the client up-front
- Manage renewal list and issue renewal invitations at least 21 days prior to expiry. Ensuring that renewal instructions are always received and recorded prior to contract expiry date
- Manage own client database and ensure that the agreed services are delivered within the contract period
- Maintain a high standard of recordkeeping and electronic housekeeping on Acturis (training provided) and the company SHARED drive
- Identify cross-selling opportunities for other areas of the Sutton Winson group (insurance, healthcare, building valuations, etc.)
- Run IOSH packaged training courses Managing Safely and Working Safely as well as other courses within our portfolio, and develop additional courses tailored for specific client demand
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop own existing skill set and range/level of qualification
- Continually look for opportunities to up-sell additional services to existing consultancy clients
- Assist in educating other Sutton Winson staff on our Health & Safety products and services by attending team meetings, internal strategy meetings, running internal training sessions, giving presentations, providing collateral for Marketing Dept to use, etc.
- Respond promptly to Director regarding internal file audits to confirm remedial action taken, where necessary.
You will be predominately home-based with regular client visits and the occasional trip in to the office.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- NEBOSH General Certification (as a minimum)
- An engaging and enthusiastic communication style
- Excellent report-writing skills
- A passion and determination for achieving success
- Willingness to travel (UK Wide) and be flexible over working hours where necessary.
- Willingness and ability to change plans at short notice or ‘Go the Extra Mile’ putting in extra time when unexpected business needs arise.
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus throughout the year and be motivated by targets.
- A NEBOSH Diploma would be advantageous but can be gained through our excellent training programme.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
At Sutton Winson we are committed to getting the best out of our people. You will receive a unique and tailored development pathway and as you grow within our business your successes and hard work will be rewarded and celebrated.
We offer a host of other benefits including:
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual Profit Share bonus
- Sales, cross-selling and referral bonus schemes
- Company Car Allowance
- Travel & accommodation expenses
- Life Insurance & Income Protection Support
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
- Mobile Phone and Laptop
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season Ticket Loans + More
WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING FOR
Sutton Winson is a people and client-centric company, supported by the following:
- One of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people centric company with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal and professional development.
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could work for YOU, let us know. Apply via our website www.suttonwinson.com or send your CV directly to Recruit@swib.co.uk
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.