- Date Posted: 11/04/2019
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Fully Funded CII Qualification, Annual Profit Share Bonus + more
- Division: Healthcare & Protection
Graduate Trainee Insurance Client Handler (Healthcare & Protection Team)
Award Winning Insurance Broker Sutton Winson offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Graduate to support with building innovative insurance solutions and grow with the business to develop a rewarding career.
If you’re hungry for personal development and growth and believe you could make a positive difference, whilst bringing confidence, enthusiasm and bags of initiative to our successful Healthcare & Protection Team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex – we want to hear from you!
Our Healthcare & Protection Team are a fast growing team that delivers Personal and Employee Benefit Solutions to companies and individuals, including Private Medical Insurance, for cover in the UK and overseas.
You will provide essential support to the Team from the ground up, get involved with looking after clients with premium levels of £500 to £100k+ AND get to work with a close, friendly team who will provide you with all the support and training you’ll need to progress.
As well as providing integral support to the Team, you will:
- Build and manage key relationships with clients and Insurance companies
- Deal with client queries by phone and email
- Undertake full market reviews for companies on their Employee Benefits (International and UK Private Medical Insurance, Group Risk Products, Travel & Dental Insurance etc.
- Build, maintain and grow your own client book, which will, involve networking opportunities and forming relationships with professional introducers
- Provide administrative support to the Team
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross-selling
- Accurately identify and meet client’s insurance needs and expectations
- Use our CRM System (Acturis) to effectively document and log all correspondence
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
You’ll be placed on our structured initial 2-year Graduate Training Programme, where you can expect to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the UK Insurance Industry and the Principles of Insurance
- Receive expert technical training - covering a wide range of personal insurance products
- Develop Broking skills and insurance product knowledge – you’ll learn how to place Clients with the right insurer on the right product
- Develop and hone your Customer Service skills
- Learn to operate our Broking System (Acturis)
- Be funded and supported to gain an industry recognised qualification (Cert CII up to ACII)
- Receive ongoing training via our online portal, external courses and peer-to-peer learning
- Be encouraged to develop your communication, presentation and organisations skills
- Become a fully functioning Client Technician within a company that is recognised industry–wide as having an excellent reputation for developing & nurturing staff
You’ll receive intensive support with your learning from day one, so no previous Insurance experience is required. And, we’ll work with you constantly to ensure that you’re enjoying your role and feeling fulfilled with what and how you’re learning.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly (you’ll be great on the phone and able to build rapport)
- Negotiation skills and the confidence to build lasting relationships with people and companies.
- Ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Problem solving skills – you have to enjoy a challenge!
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Intuitive thinking and confident decision making and not afraid to ask questions
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence experience of using Word, Excel, Outlook preferred
- You enjoy pushing your own boundaries and working outside of your comfort zone
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
YOUR QUALIFCATIONS & LIFE SKILLS
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) within the last 2 years, with good A Level and GCSE passes
- We’d also like to see evidence of team working
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous annual salary reviewed EVERY 6 MONTHS within the first 2 years PLUS Annual Profit Share Bonus after qualifying period
- Fully funded Cert CII Qualification
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loan
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Bright, open-plan office, based in the town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility regular charity fund-raising and awareness events
- Unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water
- Fresh fruit always available.
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status (a commitment of Customer excellence & Professionalism)
- Voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Won award for Training at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.