- Date Posted: 03/05/2018
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08:45 to 17:00
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Division: Naylor Wright
- Contact: Jane.email@example.com
Graduate Trainee Insurance Client Handler
As part of our continued investment in people Sutton Winson are looking for a Graduate Trainee to join the very successful Naylor Wright team. Our successful graduate will be provided with a 2 year structured training plan, during which time you will gain work and insurance experience.
The role will be predominantly office based, providing essential support to the team who manage a portfolio of bespoke solutions to the recruitment and payroll sector.
You will be involved in looking after clients with premium levels of £1,000 to £100,000 plus. The successful candidate will support the team in dealing with renewals, negotiating, placing insurance policies, new business and mid-term adjustments.
The ability to work accurately under pressure and change priorities at short notice is essential. The candidate needs to be able to negotiate and have the confidence to build long lasting relationships with a variety of people and companies.
The team are one of the fastest income growing teams within Sutton Winson and this opportunity will give you plenty of scope to forge a successful career in a very interesting and challenging environment.
Our promise is to offer you a role that is rewarding and allows you to develop important business skills in the insurance industry in a unique and thriving sector.
What you will learn:
- IT systems including Acturis, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Full understanding of the UK Insurance Industry
- Professional Insurance Qualifications (Cert CII)
- Negotiations Skills
- Analysing data to highlight trends and anomalies to assist our clients to manage their risks and exposure
- Organisational skills and techniques
- Confidence to maintain and build relationships internally and externally
Skills and experience
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic, confident communicator with strong customer service values
- Someone who can demonstrate their ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- A flexible approach and willingness to learn
- An agile thinker, able to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Has problem solving skills and enjoys a challenge
- Very strong attention to detail
- Someone who enjoys being outside their comfort zone
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- You will have Graduated within the last 2 years
- Must have GCSE Grade B or above in Maths and English Language
- Ms Office Skills (Word & Excel)
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
At Sutton Winson, we invest heavily in our staff and are proud to have recently been awarded Investors In People ‘Gold’ status, as well as being named one of the top 5 Independent Brokers to Work for 2016. We support our staff with achieving their professional goals and offer opportunities to develop and further their careers through study and mentoring.
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these values.
Our bright, open plan office in Burgess Hill is centrally located within the town, just a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station (direct links to London and Brighton). We operate a daily dress down policy to ensure comfortable working for all our staff. We also provide unlimited tea and coffee and fresh fruit.
We enjoy working hard for our clients, but also know how to have fun and offer social events throughout the year, regular team lunches and frequent Corporate Social Responsibility activities to raise funds for community projects.
We look forward to hearing what you could bring to Sutton Winson.