- Date Posted: 10/06/2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Annual Profit Bonus, 22 days annual leave, pension, Medical ins
- Division: Commercial Claims
Graduate Trainee Insurance Claims Handler
Are you a Graduate looking to take the next step in your career?
Would you relish the opportunity to work for an award-winning, people-centric Insurance Broker to build innovative Insurance Claims solutions and grow with the business to develop a rewarding career?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Claims are the ‘Shop Front’ of the Insurance sector and one of the most challenging and rewarding environments within the industry.
Our Commercial Claims Team, based in Twickenham, handle a wide variety of claims for commercial clients ranging from small businesses to large, well known international corporations.
As part of our Graduate Trainee Programme, you’ll join our successful in-house Commercial Claims Team where you will gain valuable Insurance Industry experience and support the Team with handling Claims across various classes of Commercial Insurance.
As well as providing essential support from the ground up, you’ll also be given the opportunity to utilise your skills to provide input and analysis of claims data, including report creation and production. You’ll therefore need to be confident interrogating, analysing and questioning data to obtain the best value from it and provide solutions and improved procedures for your Team and clients.
Our promise to you is to offer a role that provides exposure to leading people within our industry and dealings with some high profile clients. We also promise to provide intensive support with your learning from day one (so no previous Insurance experience required!), as well as working with you continually to ensure that you’re enjoying your role and feeling fulfilled with what and how you’re learning.
THE GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAMME - WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You’ll be placed on our structured two year Graduate Programme, where can expect to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the UK Insurance Industry and the Principles of Insurance
- Receive expert technical training on the Commercial Claims service from end to end
- Develop and hone your analytical skills to highlight trends and anomalies in order to assist our clients to manage their risks and exposure
- Receive full funding and support to gain an industry recognised CERT CII qualification
- Become a fully functioning Claims Negotiator within a company that is recognised industry–wide as having an excellent reputation for developing & nurturing staff
- Learn to operate our Broking System (Acturis)
- Gain exposure to other areas of our business
- Be encouraged to develop your communication, presentation and organisation skills
- Develop your customer service skills to build and manage key internal and external relationships
- Receive ongoing training via our online portal, external courses and peer-to-peer learning
- Work within a friendly and supportive team structure
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly (you’ll be great on the phone and able to build rapport)
- Negotiation skills and the confidence to build lasting relationships with people and companies.
- Ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Problem solving skills – you have to enjoy a challenge!
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Intuitive thinking and confident decision making and not afraid to ask questions
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence experience of using Word, Excel, Outlook preferred
- You enjoy pushing your own boundaries and working outside of your comfort zone
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
YOUR QUALIFCATIONS & LIFE SKILLS
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) within the last 2 years, with good A Level and GCSE passes
- We’d also like to see evidence of team working
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous annual salary reviewed EVERY 6 MONTHS within the first 2 years PLUS Annual Profit Share Bonus after qualifying period
- Fully funded Cert CII Qualification
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loan
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Bright, open-plan office, based in the town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility regular charity fund-raising and awareness events
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status (a commitment of Customer excellence & Professionalism)
- Voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Won award for Training at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.