- Date Posted: 07/12/2021
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: PMI, Income Protection, enhanced pension, profit share bonus +
- Division: Commercial - Media & Entertainment
Commercial Team Manager - Media & Entertainment Sector
Your opportunity to play a leading role within the Media & Entertainment Team at one of the UK’s top Independent Broker’s.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ll have built up a solid profile within Commercial Insurance and either be a proven Manager/ Team Leader looking for a new challenge or perhaps you’re looking for your next step into a management role.
A natural, enthusiastic leader with a passion for people, you’re confident and effective:
- Building relationships and rapport with your team and the wider business
- Creating a positive and productive working atmosphere
- Achieving organisational goals/ objectives, maintaining performance standards and delivering successful results through others
- Understanding the technicalities and challenges of commercial insurance
- Motivating using coaching and mentoring strategies and techniques
Your past proven successful insurance experience will include accurately and proactively managing a broad spectrum of commercial clients and achieving business success through your strong understanding of commercial products and exceptional client management skills.
You’ll go the extra mile for your team and for the business and will be ready to commit to your personal career development by proactively engaging in professional qualifications and management programmes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Media & Entertainment Team looks after Advertising and Media agencies from the start-ups to the largest companies in the world and insures over 30% of the UK’s advertising shoots.
As Team Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing Client Handlers, Technicians and Executives whilst reporting to the Head of Media & Entertainment. Using a tactical and hands on approach, you’ll be responsible for building team rapport, maximising team performance and outcomes, as well as implementing strategies to encourage growth and development – revenue and people.
You’ll work in partnership with the Head of Media and Entertainment and provide regular strategic updates and feedback and act as the key point of contact for your team with complex queries and escalations. You’ll also be being responsible for representing your team within the wider business through attendance at Team Managers meetings and being accountable to the Commercial Leadership Team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Leadership and mentoring skills and a good track record of training and developing people
- An In-depth understanding of Commercial Products.
- Ideally (although not essential), knowledge in Entertainment Policies (i.e. Advertising Agents Indemnity, Commercial Producers Indemnity, Event Cover, Death and Disgrace etc)
- Experience of setting and monitoring targets with experience of managing direct reports
- A good understanding of delivering quality and compliance
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be a clear, confident and motivational communicator, able to effectively adapt your communication style to suit your target audience
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong Sales & Business Development ethos
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- A confident IT user, ideally with experience of using the Acturis platform
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- A CII accreditation and an interest in continuing to develop
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond.
- One of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- CII Chartered Broker
- Voted Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people centric company with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal and professional development
- Award-winning training
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team – fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and professional development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII pathway (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could be your next career move, apply today and let us know what you could bring.
Equality & Diversity CommitmentSutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.