- Date Posted: 31/01/2018
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive + Benefits
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Commercial Account Managed
Commercial Insurance (Media) Account Handler
The Corporate Account Managed Department based at Twickenham is looking for someone to join their specialist Media Team. This is a role that requires someone with a creative, energetic and flexible approach to working with and finding insurance solutions for a multiple range of companies within the Media Sector. Our Team at TW is recognised as one of the leading media insurance specialists in the UK.
The role will be predominantly office based, supporting and working closely with a Sutton Winson Executive Board Director and our Media Account Manager, who between them have over 45 years’ experience in this sector so you will be in good hands to learn and develop.
You will be involved in the usual Commercial risks, such as Liability, Combined, Business Interruption policies but what makes this an interesting and exciting role is that you will be placing other risks such as Film Production, Aviation and Marine Chartering, Death and Disgrace for famous/well known people, Event cancellation and other Contingency policies.
Examples of risks this team have placed include:
Organising insurance arrangements for performers, crew and equipment (including transportation of 15 washing machines!) for an advertising shoot taking place on top of a mountain in New Zealand
Insuring the New Year firework display in London
Currently working on the most expensive TV Ad in history
Major Corporate rebranding campaign
The role will be predominantly based in our spacious, open-plan office close to Twickenham Mainline station, however, client visits are encouraged and supported.
You will poses considerable experience having worked within the commercial insurance sector, and, ideally have a good knowledge of the Media Insurance sector, products and insurers.
You will be supporting a team of Account Managers that manage a portfolio of well-known Media organisations and agencies, so will be ready to pick things up quickly and be able to demonstrate high levels of integrity and discretion at all times.
Skills and experience
We are looking for exceptionally strong candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to provide a positive client experience at all times
- Ability to communicate confidently to create a good rapport with clients
- Self motivation to complete tasks within required time frames
- Be persistent and proactive
- Ability to demonstrate passion and energy to make a difference to team and company goals
- Ability to use own initiative, work under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to impart knowledge to others and challenge insurers where appropriate
- Exceptional organisational/ prioritisation skills
- Some focus on growing existing book of business via upsells and referrals
- Attention to details and accuracy essential
- CII qualified preferred
- Possess competent knowledge and application of IT (Outlook / Excel / MS Word)
- Experience of using Acturis advantageous
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
- Chartered Broker
- Investors in People Silver Award holders
- Named Top 5 Independent Broker to Work for 2016
At Sutton Winson, we invest heavily in our staff and are proud to have been named one of the top 5 Independent Brokers to Work for 2016. We support our staff with achieving their professional goals and provide opportunities to develop and further their careers through study and mentoring.
We operate from two, spacious and open plan offices in Twickenham and Burgess Hill, both of which are centrally located and close to mainline stations.
We enjoy working hard for our clients, but also know how to celebrate our successes through social events, regular team lunches and frequent Corporate Social Responsibility activities to raise funds for community projects. We also offer a permanent dress down policy in all our offices and ensure fresh fruit is available to all.
We want to hear what you can bring to Sutton Winson. Apply today with your CV.