- Date Posted: 10/01/2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Fully Funded Cert CII, Annual Profit Related Bonus + more
- Division: Enterprise Team (Small Medium Enterprise)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Insurance Client Handler (SME Team)
Experienced, confident and enthusiastic Commercial Client Handler sought by forward-thinking, award-winning Independent Insurance Broker for a rewarding, challenging and exciting role in Burgess Hill.
Strong technical knowledge of Commercial products, fantastic communicator, bags of initiative and a GSOH a must!
You’ll play a key role in the Commercial Enterprise Team in Burgess Hill, dealing with our Small/ Medium Enterprise (SME) clients. You will therefore need a solid understanding of all Commercial products and have the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business.
Thriving on providing top-level Customer Service, you’ll be a professional and convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in a role that will give you balance and reward in equal measures.
We welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, but what we really look out for is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
This promises to be an interesting and varied role dealing with all classes of Commercial Insurance from a broad spectrum of clients including; Commercial Combined, Property Owners, Motor Fleet and Financial Lines.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Build and manage key client relationships
- Manage a portfolio of c.25 risks per month with a Premium range typically £750 - £15,000+
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross selling
- Deal with general enquiries from clients, including new business, mid -term renewals and retention, providing the best Customer Service at all times
- Manage policy renewals effectively and with accuracy
- Draft reports professionally and chase clients for information
- Provide support to the Management Team
Whilst you will be based in our Burgess Hill office, you may occasionally be asked to attend external client meetings. It’s therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
What you’ll bring
- Good technical understanding of Commercial products (Commercial Combined, Property Owners, Fleet, financial Lines)
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and convictive decision making
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using Acturis (not essential)
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Have a Cert CII under your belt or at least have a keen interest in starting and committing to your CII journey
- Commercial underwriting or claims background considered
What you can expect in return
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded Cert CII up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans
- Employee High Street and Online Discounts
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Why Chose Us?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan office, based in the town centre, 5 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes (mainline Brighton to London).
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
- Free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water
- Fresh fruit always available.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.