- Date Posted: 07/03/2019
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (8.45am to 5.00pm)
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Fully funded Cert CII, Annual PR Bonus + more
- Division: Commercial Account Managed
Commercial Insurance Client Handler (Account Managed Team)
Experienced, confident and enthusiastic Commercial Insurance Client Handler sought by forward-thinking & award-winning Independent Insurance Broker for a rewarding and challenging role in our Commercial Account Managed Team in Burgess Hill.
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Account Managed Team in Burgess Hill, you’ll have a good understanding of Commercial insurance products (including Business Interruption, Material Damage, Liability, Professional Indemnity, D&O and Cargo).
You’ll have the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business as well as handling day-to-day enquiries with positivity, passion and professionalism.
Thriving on providing top-level Customer Service, you’ll be a convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in a role that will give you balance and reward in equal measures.
We welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, but what we really look out for is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
Sutton Winson offer continual professional development and will commit to supporting you with your CII journey.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Retain, manage and develop a book of Commercial Clients (Premiums up to £350k)
- Seek and maximise opportunities within existing relationships and generate new leads
- Manage policy renewals & MTAs with confidence and accuracy
- Negotiate effectively
- Work efficiently on achieving team goals for retention, new business and cross selling
- Draft reports professionally
- Be the first point of contact for your clients, through careful and tailored communication
- Provide support to the wider team
Whilst you will be based in our Burgess Hill office, you may occasionally be asked to attend external client meetings with other Team Members. It’s therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Good technical understanding of Commercial products
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication both in writing & verbally and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and confident decision making
- A willing approach to training and personal development
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using Acturis (not essential)
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Have a Cert CII under your belt and a willingness to progress with further CII qualifications
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Fully funded Cert CII Pathway up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans
- Auto Enrolment Pension
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
Sutton Winson is an award winning, privately owned Chartered Insurance Broker & professional risk advisory business. We service large quoted companies, privately owned organisations, and wealthy individuals all over the UK and overseas.
We are proud to be a people-centric company and value our staff. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
WORK. LIFE. BALANCE
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan office, based in the centre of Burgess Hill, close to the mainline station
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
- Free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water
- Fresh fruit always available.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.