For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Commercial Insurance Client Handler
- Date Posted: 26/02/2021
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Full Time - Monday to Friday 8.45am - 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Fully Funded CII Journey, Annual PR Bonus, Healthcare, + More
- Division: Commercial Team
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Client Handler to join its Commercial Team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Our Commercial Team in Burgess Hill deal with a broad spectrum of existing clients including; Motor Trade, Construction, Manufacturing, Charities and Global Businesses. Offering bespoke insurance solutions, they cover all classes of Commercial Insurance with premium levels up to £350,000.
On a day to day basis you will have responsibility for administering policies, liaising with Insurers and clients to find the best solutions, provide support to the wider team, including Client Executives and Managers and acting as a reliable and informed point of contact for clients.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide a positive client experience through careful and tailored communication
- Manage renewals with accuracy and confidence
- Confidently deal with renewals and placing policies
- Assist with new business and identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities
- Handle mid-term adjustments
What you’ll bring
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Account Managed Team in Burgess Hill, you’ll have a solid knowledge of all Commercial products (including Property/ Business Interruption, Professional Indemnity, Liabilities, Cyber & Crime), and be able to effectively take ownership of our large client base with positivity, passion and professionalism.
We’re looking for:
- Good technical knowledge of commercial products
- Effective organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Be Cert CII qualified or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey
Most of all, you’ll thrive on making a positive difference to the team and wider company and enjoy being challenged.
What you can expect from Sutton Winson
We love working with great people and want you to be at the top of you game, so we will encourage, nurture and support you with regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll be offered a generous remuneration package, with some great benefits including:
- Fully funded CII journey, including Membership
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Medical Cover (EquipsMe)
- Annual salary reviews
- Season Ticket loans + more
Why choose Sutton Winson?
We are a people-centric company and to prove this, we:
- Are proud to hold an Investors in People Gold Award
- Are a CII Chartered Broker
- Were voted one of the Top 5 Independent Insurance Brokers to Work for
- Won a Training award at the Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018!
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently. We work hard to recruit the right people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to develop their skills and knowledge and ensure they feel valued team members.
Work. Life. Balance.
Our bright, open-plan office in Burgess Hill is based in the town centre, minutes from the mainline station and bus routes (mainline Brighton to London).
We offer a daily dress down policy and provide free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water.
Whilst we demand excellence, we also have fun, celebrating our successes throughout the year and encouraging collaborative working through team building events, team lunches and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
COVID-19 – Please be assured that we undertake regular Covid-19 Risk Assessments in our offices and have implemented a wide range of safety measures to ensure our staff have a clean, safe working environment at all times whilst on the premises.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could be your next career move, apply today and let us know what you could bring.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.