- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive & dependent on experience
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Fully funded CII, annual profit related bonus + more
- Division: Commercial Account Managed
Commercial Insurance Client Handler
Experienced, confident and enthusiastic Commercial Insurance Client Handler sought by forward-thinking & award-winning Independent Insurance Broker for a rewarding and challenging role in our Commercial Account Managed Team in Twickenham.
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Account Managed Team, you’ll have a good understanding of Commercial insurance products (including Business Interruption, Material Damage and Liability). You’ll have the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business as well as handling day-to-day enquiries with positivity, passion and professionalism.
Thriving on providing top-level Customer Service, you’ll be a convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in a role that will give you balance and reward in equal measures.
We welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, but what we really look out for is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
Sutton Winson offer continual professional development and will commit to supporting you with your Cert CII journey.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Retain, manage and develop a book of Commercial Clients (Premiums up to £350k)
- Seek and maximise opportunities within existing relationships and generate new leads
- Manage policy renewals & MTAs with confidence and accuracy
- Negotiate effectively
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross selling
- Draft reports professionally and chase clients for information
- Deal with general enquiries from clients, through careful and tailored communication
- Provide support to the wider team
Whilst you will be based in our Twickenham office, you may occasionally be asked to attend external client meetings with other Team Members. It’s therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
What you’ll bring
- Good technical understanding of Commercial products (ideally a focus on BI, Material Damage and Liability)
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication both in writing & verbally and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and convictive decision making
- A willing approach to training and personal development
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using Acturis (not essential)
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Have a Cert CII under your belt or at least have a keen interest in starting and committing to your CII journey
What you can expect in return
- Fully funded Cert CII Pathway up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans
- Employee High Street and Online Discounts
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Why Chose Us?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan office, based in the centre of Twickenham, close to the mainline station and major bus routes.
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
- Free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water
- Fresh fruit always available.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.