- Date Posted: 16/03/2018
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Corporate Account Managed
Commercial Insurance Client Handler
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Corporate Account Managed Department based in Twickenham.
The role will be predominantly office based, providing essential support to a team of Client Executives who manage a portfolio of wide ranging commercial clients. You will be involved in looking after clients with premium levels of £10,000 to £350,000 in various different industry sectors and will be dealing with renewals, negotiating, placing insurance policies, new business and mid-term adjustments.
It’s essential that you have experience of having worked within the Commercial Insurance sector and ideally have a good knowledge of Material Damage, Business Interruption, Liability and all other classes of commercial insurance. It’s also vital that you are able to work under pressure and have strong, intuitive people skills, which includes working effectively as part of the wider team.
- Day to day administration of Client’s Commercial Insurances
- Liaising with clients and insurance companies to find best insurance solutions
- Renewal remarketing and placing of covers
- Integral Support to Account Executives
- Attendance at some client meetings
We need you to be computer literate, a good team worker, a fast learner, have an ability to meet deadlines and have excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
The role will be predominantly based in our spacious, open-plan office close to Twickenham Mainline station, however, client visits are encouraged and supported.
Skills and experience
We are looking for exceptionally strong candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- An ability to provide a positive client experience at all times
- An ability to communicate confidently to create a good rapport with clients
- Self-motivation to complete tasks within required time frames
- Persistence and proactivity
- Ability to demonstrate passion and energy to make a difference to team and company goals
- Ability to use own initiative, work under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to impart knowledge to others and challenge insurers where appropriate
- Exceptional organisational/ prioritisation skills
- Some focus on growing existing book of business via upsells and referrals
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- CII qualified preferred
- Possess competent knowledge and application of IT (Outlook / Excel / MS Word)
- Experience of using Acturis advantageous
- Educated to A Level standard with at least 5 GCSE’s A* - C, including English and Maths.
About Sutton Winson
For over 60 years, UK and Global businesses have entrusted us to source and manage their insurance portfolios – firms that appreciate our attention to detail and the benefits we bring. The satisfaction of our customers and, therefore, our success as a business, depends on the commitment and contribution of everyone that works at Sutton Winson.
Commitment to our Staff
We are proud holders of the Investors in People Gold Award and we work hard to ensure that our staff feel valued and rewarded. To prove our commitment we: actively encourage training and development; hold reviews twice a year, as well as regular 1-2-1 sessions to provide support and encouragement; and promote a ‘Coaching Culture’ where knowledge is cascaded regularly.
After 20 years of holding Investors in People status, we are also extremely proud to have been formally accredited with the Insurance Industry’s Gold Standard of Chartered Insurance Broker in December 2017. To be recognised as Chartered reinforces our long held values of professionalism and impartiality, and reflects our dedication to developing our people.
We work really hard to recruit people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to continue to develop their skills and knowledge. We know our staff’s knowledge is the key to our success and have established processes to ensure this develops.
We operate 2 offices, one in Burgess Hill, West Sussex and another in Twickenham, Middlesex. Both offices are open plan and relaxed and are based in town/city centres, close to mainline stations. We provide free fresh fruit every week and operate a daily dress down policy to ensure the comfort of our staff.
Celebrating Our Success
Whilst we work hard for our clients, we try really hard to have fun and celebrate our successes too. We hold fantastic Summer and Christmas Parties, Half Year and Year End celebrations and Team lunches throughout the year, ensuring that our Teams in both offices get to know one another in a relaxed and informal way, as often as possible.