- Date Posted: 15/11/2017
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Commercial Claims
- Contact: Recruit@swib.co.uk
Commercial Insurance Claims Technician
A great opportunity has arisen within our Commercial Claims department for an enthusiastic and technically adept Claims Technician to join a growing team handing an increasingly diverse set of claims.
Claims is a busy and challenging environment and we are looking for someone who can effectively manage a caseload of claims across all classes. We expect our advisers to act as the insurer in terms of policy cover interpretation, assessing settlements etc., whilst maintaining our high levels of customer care.
You will need to be computer literate, a good team worker, fast learner, have an ability to meet deadlines, have good organisation skills and know how to prioritise.
This role will be based in our spacious, open plan office in Central Twickenham (close to the mainline station).
At Sutton Winson, we work hard, but we also recognise the importance of supporting our staff and having fun. We operate a permanent relaxed dress code in both our offices and provide opportunities throughout the year to socialise at events and participate in team building exercises.
- Handling Claims on behalf of a range of clients including global corporate entities
- Negotiating with insurers to ensure the best outcome for our clients
- Providing high quality management information for internal and external stakeholders, including analysing trends
- Demonstrating excellent organisational skills and be confident maintaining and building client relationships
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Enthusiastic, confident communication, with emphasis on strong customer values
- The ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- A Flexible approach and willingness to learn
- Agile thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Problem solving skills and an enjoyment of challenges
- Strong attention to detail
- Resilience; an ability to deal with difficult phone calls and give bad news, if required
- Education: further education qualifications required as a minimum (A Levels or equivalent). Must have GCSE Grade A* – C in Maths in English Language