- Date Posted: 30/11/2017
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Commercial Account Managed
Commercial Insurance Account Technician (Media)
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Account Handler/ Technician to join our expanding Account Managed Team in Twickenham.
The role will be both interesting and varied and will focus mainly on the Media sector, so experience in this area would be ideal. However you will also be dealing with other types of commercial insurances, from Property/ BI, Professional Indemnity and Motor, through to Cyber and Crime and Media, some of whom are high profile, global businesses, so considerable experience in these areas is essential.
The role will be predominantly based in our spacious, open-plan office close to Twickenham Mainline station, however, client visits are encouraged and supported.
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
At Sutton Winson, we invest heavily in our staff and are proud to have been named one of the top 5 Independent Brokers to Work for 2016. We support our staff with achieving their professional goals and offer opportunities to develop and further their careers through study and mentoring.
We enjoy working hard for our clients, but also know how to have fun and offer social events throughout the year, regular team lunches and frequent Corporate Social Responsibility activities to raise funds for community projects. We also offer a permanent dress down policy in all our offices as we strongly believe that being comfortable at work is important.
Working within our highly successful Media Team in Twickenham, you will poses considerable experience having worked within the commercial insurance sector, and, ideally have a good knowledge of the Media Insurance sector, products and insurers.
You will be supporting a team of Account Managers that manage a portfolio of well-known Media organisations and agencies, so will be ready to pick things up quickly and be able to demonstrate high levels of integrity and discretion at all times.
Skills and experience
We are looking for exceptionally strong candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to provide a positive client experience at all times
- Ability to communicate confidently to create a good rapport with clients
- Self motivation to complete tasks within required time frames
- Be persistent and proactive
- Ability to demonstrate passion and energy to make a difference to team and company goals
- Ability to use own initiative, work under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to impart knowledge to others and challenge insurers where appropriate
- Exceptional organisational/ prioritisation skills
- Some focus on growing existing book of business via upsells and referrals
- Attention to details and accuracy essential
- CII qualified preferred
- Possess competent knowledge and application of IT (Outlook / Excel / MS Word)
- Experience of using Acturis advantageous