- Date Posted: 20/01/2020
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive & reflective of experience
- Working Pattern: Full time - Monday to Friday (8.45am to 5.00pm) plus occasional out of hours working
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Car/Allowance, Bonus, PMI, IP, 5% Pension + more
- Division: Media & Entertainment
Client Manager - Media Insurance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced Client Manager to join its specialist Media & Entertainment Team in Twickenham to support with managing insurance needs for a large national portfolio of Media and Advertising clients.
Our Media & Entertainments Team are experts in their field insuring over 30% of the UK’s advertising productions whilst working with a wide range of Advertising and Media agencies from start-ups to one of the largest global networks in the world.
This promises to be an interesting and varied role, dealing with all classes of Commercial Insurance with a focus on the Media and Entertainment sector.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be building and managing key client relationships, so it’s essential that you have intuitive people skills as well as a strong Business Development acumen, in order to generate new business and cross/upsell leads.
You’ll be required to maintain strategic relationships with our insurance partners and liaise with other specialist teams within Sutton Winson including areas such as Credit, Risk Management and Healthcare.
Whilst you’ll be based in Twickenham, your clients will be based around the UK, so there will naturally be an element of travel involved in this role. Also, due to the nature of your clients, some out of hours working will be required. It’s therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
Playing an integral role in the team, you will:
- Manage a book of media accounts, including Productions policies, such as Advertising Agents Indemnity, Commercial Producers Indemnity, Wrap Policies, Event Cover etc
- Work with other team members on your accounts to manage policy renewals and endorsements
- Be a key point of contact for your Media clients for complex queries and points of escalation
- Develop and maintain new business leads and generation
- Actively promote Sutton Winson’s Media & Entertainment proposition in the relevant sectors.
What You’ll Bring
We’re looking for:
- In-depth understanding of Commercial Products.
- Ideally (although not essential), knowledge in Entertainment Policies (i.e. Advertising Agents Indemnity, Commercial Producers Indemnity, Event Cover, Death and Disgrace etc)
- Demonstrable Client Management/ Executive skills
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong Sales & Business Development ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using Acturis
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Cert CII with the desire to continue studying towards DIP and ACII
You’ll thrive on making a difference to a company, be a professional and convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in role that gives you balance and reward in equal measures. In return we can offer you a challenging and rewarding job, combined with a professional, fun and relaxed working environment.
You will be offered a generous remuneration package (determined by your skills and ability), with some seriously good benefits including:
- Sales Bonus Structure
- Company Car (or Car Allowance)
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Income Protection
- Fully funded Cert CII studies up to ACII level.
- On-site free car parking
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- have recently achieved Chartered status
- won a Training award at the Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018!
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently. We work hard to recruit the right people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to develop their skills and knowledge.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in the town centre, Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could be your next career move, apply today and let us know what you could bring.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.