- Date Posted: 10/12/2019
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Generous and Competitive
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Car/ Allowance, Bonus Scheme, PMI, IP, 5% pension, laptop, phone
- Division: Commercial Account Managed
Client Manager - Commercial Insurance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Commercial Client Manager to join its Commercial Account Managed Team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Our Commercial Risk & Insurance Division specialises in a multitude of defined sectors and trades, offering bespoke insurance solutions and Risk Management services on a global scale.
This promises to be an interesting and varied role, dealing with all classes of Commercial Insurance from a broad spectrum of clients including; Motor Trade, Construction, Manufacturing, Charities and Global Businesses.
On a day to day basis, you will be building and managing key client relationships with premium levels of £20k upwards, so it’s essential that you have intuitive people skills, as well as a strong Business Development acumen in order to generate new business and cross/upsell leads.
You’ll be required to maintain strategic relationships with our insurance partners and liaise with other specialist teams within the Commercial structure including Credit, Risk Management and Healthcare, so a knowledge of these areas would be advantageous.
You will also act as a point of technical reference to the wider company, with the possibility of providing informal internal training in the future.
Whilst you’ll be based in Burgess Hill, your clients will be based around the UK, so there will naturally be an element of travel involved in this role. It’s therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Account Managed Team in Burgess Hill, you’ll have a solid knowledge of all Commercial products (including Property/ Business Interruption, Personal Indemnity, Liabilities and Cyber & Crime), as well as some considerable Client Management experience under your belt.
We’re looking for:
- Exceptional technical understanding of Commercial products (Property Owners, Fleet, Construction, Manufacturing etc.)
- Demonstrable Client Management/ Exec skills
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong Sales & Business Development ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- IT savvy and ideally, experience of using Acturis
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Have a Cert CII under your belt with the desire to continue studying towards DIP and ACII
You’ll thrive on making a difference to a company, be a professional and convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in role that gives you balance and reward in equal measures. In return we can offer you a challenging and rewarding job, combined with a professional, fun and relaxed working environment.
We welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, but what we really look out for is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
You will be offered a generous remuneration package (determined by your skills and ability), with some seriously good benefits including:
- Sales Bonus Structure
- Company Car (or Car Allowance)
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Income Protection
- Fully funded Cert CII studies up to ACII level
WHY SUTTON WINSON?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- have recently achieved Chartered status
- won a Training award at the Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018!
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently. We work hard to recruit the right people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to develop their skills and knowledge.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
Our bright, open-plan office in Burgess Hill is based in the town centre, 5 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes (mainline Brighton to London). Client Managers are offered free on-site parking.
We offer a daily dress down in-office policy and provide free unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water, with fresh fruit always available.
Whilst we demand excellence, we also have fun, celebrating our successes throughout the year and encouraging collaborative working through team building events, team lunches and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment.
If you think Sutton Winson could be your next career move, apply today and let us know what you could bring.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.