- Date Posted: 01/12/2017
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Private Clients
Client Insurance Adviser - HNW Private Clients
We are looking for an experienced Client Adviser to join our Twickenham-based Private Clients Team.
You will be proactive with strong communication skills and have a desire to develop your professional career within a growing team.
We are specifically looking for someone with experience of High Net Worth Personal Lines market but are not necessarily seeking a “HNW specialist” as we deal with a diverse book of business (including single classic cars, extensive fine art collections etc).
You will need to be well grounded but also be confident to seek and maximise opportunities with existing relationships and emerging wealth as you will be developing and growing your own book of business as part of a Private Clients team that owns their budget and are responsible for their success.
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
At Sutton Winson, we invest heavily in our staff and are proud to have been named one of the top 5 Independent Brokers to Work for 2016. We support our staff with achieving their professional goals and offer opportunities to develop and further their careers through study and mentoring.
We enjoy working hard for our clients, but also know how to have fun and offer social events throughout the year, regular team lunches and frequent Corporate Social Responsibility activities to raise funds for community projects. We also offer a permanent dress down policy in all our offices as we strongly believe that being comfortable at work is important.
- Managing own book of clients ensuring their insurance needs are met, however bespoke or non-standard they may be
- Handling all levels of Personal Lines insurance products including standard, mid and high net worth
- Developing and growing book through managing relationships with Commercial colleagues, existing client referrals and certain internal and external initiatives
- Effective client management including handling day to day enquiries, pursuing new business from enquiry to policy, cross-selling, renewal inviting/retention and attending client visits and appraisals
- Proactive approach to New Business Development including representing the business at external Networking events (sometimes out of hours)
- Managing Insurer Relationships with clear and honest communication
- Hitting expected new business income levels and retention levels
Skills and experience
- Understanding of (or willingness to learn) the different markets available to them to provide a wide range of client solutions (HNW, non-standard and distressed risks)
- Must have excellent organisation skills and a grounded knowledge of client relationships
- Enthusiastic, confident communicator, with emphasis on strong customer values
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication
- The ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- A Flexible approach and willingness to learn
- Agile thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Problem solving skills and enjoy challenges
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate high levels of integrity and discretion at all times
- CII Qualification or a desire to study and pass within 12 month timeframe
- Educated to a Further or Higher standard with qualifications such as A Levels (or equivalent) as a minimum
- GCSE’s grade C and above required in Maths and English Language
- Experience of using Acturis an advantage