For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Client Handlers - Employee Benefits
- Date Posted: 23/06/2021
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Employee Benefits (Underwriting)
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for customer-centric, enthusiastic Client Handlers to join their successful Employee Benefits (Underwriting) Team in Twickenham.
Our Employee Benefits Team specialise in providing tailored personal insurance solutions for members of employee benefit schemes across the UK.
Looking after a large number of existing clients, including an exclusive audience of employees and pensioners of several companies such as BP, Centrica and Shell, we also have delegated authority with a number of leading UK Insurers meaning we can go beyond the traditional role of a Broker by making underwriting decisions about new business, MTA and renewals.
High retention rates of over 90% demonstrate the quality of our service delivery.
As a Client Handler you’ll play an integral role within the team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Handle day to day enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and policy management
- Meet and develop Client’s insurance needs
- Develop new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Enhance client/ insurer relationships
- Develop book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Understand the market available to secure and retain all risks
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships. It’s essential that you have intuitive people skills and the confidence to deliver an amazing client experience through careful and tailored communication as well as managing renewals with accuracy and confidence.
Technically, you’ll have solid Personal Lines Insurance product knowledge, preferably in Motor and Home (although, if only Motor or Home, training can be provided to fill in any gaps).
We’re particularly looking for:
- A good technical understanding of Personal Lines products, ideally Home and Motor
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be comfortable working alongside your Team or under your own steam and won’t be afraid to ask questions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- IT confidence
- Have a Cert CII under your belt or at least have a keen interest in starting and committing to your CII journey
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to your team and wider company.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and personal development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII journey (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans & Bike to Work Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
WORK + LIFE = BALANCE
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in Twickenham town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes (no onsite parking).
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Active wellbeing Programme with Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular Team Building and social events (including Christmas party)
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team with opportunities to get involved in fundraising and community focused activities.
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance to us, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; remote working, distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points. We ensure that we follow the guidelines set out by the UK Government and implement appropriate changes, when necessary.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with some really great people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.