For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Client Handler/ Technician - Commercial Insurance
- Date Posted: 19/07/2021
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Twickenham Commercial Team
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Commercial Client Handler to join its Commercial Account Managed Team in Twickenham.
The team in Twickenham deal with a broad spectrum of existing clients from a multitude of defined sectors and trades including; Construction, Manufacturing, Retail, IT Specialists and Global Businesses. Offering bespoke insurance solutions, they cover all classes of Commercial Insurance with premium levels up to £350,000.
On a day to day basis, you will have responsibility for administering policies, liaising with Insurers and clients to find the best solutions, provide support to the wider team, including Client Executives and Managers and acting as a reliable and informed point of contact for clients.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide a positive client experience through careful and tailored communication
- Manage renewals with accuracy and confidence
- Confidently deal with Renewals and placing policies
- Generate new business and identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities
- Handle Mid-Term Adjustments
- Provide support to other members of the team by way of maintaining Acturis records, obtaining e-Traded quotes and renewal terms via Acturis, assisting with matters arising from Acturis reporting as and when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Account Managed Team in Twickenham, you’ll have a solid knowledge of all Commercial products (including Property/ Business Interruption, Professional Indemnity, Liabilities and Cyber & Crime), and be able to effectively take ownership of our client base with positivity, passion and professionalism.
We’re particularly looking for:
- Good technical understanding of Commercial Insurance products
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Be Cert CII qualified or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we also put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to your team and wider company.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and personal development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII journey (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans & Bike to Work Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
WORK + LIFE = BALANCE
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in Twickenham town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes (no onsite parking).
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Active wellbeing Programme with Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular Team Building and social events (including Christmas party)
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team with opportunities to get involved in fundraising and community focused activities.
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance to us, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; remote working, distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points. We ensure that we follow the guidelines set out by the UK Government and implement appropriate changes, when necessary.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with some really great people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.