- Date Posted: 01/12/2017
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Employee Benefits, Service & Underwriting
Client Handler - Service & Underwriting
This role provides a great opportunity to join the Employee Benefits Servicing and Underwriting team (Personal Lines) which looks after a large number of existing clients, including an exclusive audience of employees and pensioners of several companies such as BP, Centrica and Shell.
The successful candidate will focus on retaining and servicing clients, be responsible for underwriting and decision making, together with servicing day-to-day enquiries, handling renewals and developing and growing an existing book of business through Up and Cross-selling,
We have a delegated authority with one of major insurer which means we don’t act in the traditional role of a broker only but we make underwriting decisions about new business, MTAs and renewals. We enjoy very high retention rates of over 90% which demonstrates the quality of our service delivery. Therefore an ability to deliver a high standard of client service is crucial to our success.
This role offers a number of benefits, including a competitive salary and sponsorship to achieve CII Degree Level Accreditation.
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
At Sutton Winson, we invest heavily in our staff and are proud to have been named one of the top 5 Independent Brokers to Work for 2016. We support our staff with achieving their professional goals and offer opportunities to develop and further their careers through study and mentoring.
We enjoy working hard for our clients, but also know how to have fun and offer social events throughout the year, regular team lunches and frequent Corporate Social Responsibility activities to raise funds for community projects. We also offer a permanent dress down policy in all our offices as we strongly believe that being comfortable at work is important.
- Handle day to day enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and a policy management
- Call handling to meet and develop the client’s insurance needs
- Developing new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Ensuring client’s insurance needs are accurately identified and met
- Enhancing the client and insurer relationships
- Communication with insurers/clients by telephone, letter and email
- Developing and enhancing our book of business through up-selling and cross-selling
- Understanding the market available to secure and retain all risks.
Skills and experience
- You must have previous experience in a Personal Lines Insurance environment - to include Home and Motor (you may also be considered if you have only Home OR Motor experience)
- It's important that you have started or have a desire to start and achieve Cert CII within 12 month timeframe
- You will be an enthusiastic, confident communicator with strong customer service values
- A demonstrable ability to work under pressure in a varied environment is important
- You will be flexible, able to pick up new skills quickly and willingly
- We are looking for an agile thinker, so you will be someone who can make decisions quickly and confidently
- You will be able to solve problems effectively and will enjoy a challenge!
- Strong attention to detail essential
- You will be educated to minimum A Level standard (or equivalent), with GCSE’s Grade A-C in Maths and English Language essential
- Strong IT skills (MS Office)
- A knowledge of the Acturis broking system would be advantageous