For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Client Handler - Private Clients Development
- Date Posted: 12/08/2021
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Fully funded Cert CII, Performance Bonus
- Division: Private Clients Development
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for a Client Handler with a passion for Sales and customer service to join their successful New Business Development Team in Twickenham.
Supporting our busy Employee Benefits Team who provide tailored Personal Lines insurance solutions to members of employee benefits schemes across the UK (including Shell, Centrica & BP), you’ll use your sales and customer service skills to develop new business opportunities and enhance the user experience.
You’ll play an integral role as a Client Handler within the Development Team. On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- Sending outbound messages (emails, letters and phone calls) to a prospect list in order to gain quotations.
- Meeting and developing Client’s insurance needs
- Developing new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Enhancing client/ insurer relationships
- Developing a book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Understanding the market available to secure and retain all risks
You’ll be the first point of contact for incoming enquiries and will be making outbound calls to prospects. It’s essential that you have intuitive people skills and the confidence to deliver an amazing client experience through careful and tailored communication as well as managing your prospect list with accuracy and confidence.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Technically, it would be ideal if you had solid Personal Lines Insurance product knowledge, preferably in Motor and Home. However, previous experience is not a necessity because what we are primarily looking for is somebody with the right attitude towards striving to hit targets and learning.
We’re particularly looking for:
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be comfortable working alongside your Team or under your own steam and won’t be afraid to ask questions
- Positive proactive attitude. We’re called the Development Team because we have to develop opportunities to get to the point of sale – it is not a case of just processing calls.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence. The CII certificate will need to be gained so a good academic background will put the candidate in a strong position.
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- IT confidence – experience using Acturis ideal
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and personal development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII journey (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans & Bike to Work Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
Sutton Winson Ltd is one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers with an enviable market reputation for providing exceptional service and bespoke insurance solutions to a broad spectrum of national and international clients.
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in Twickenham town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Active wellbeing Programme with Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance to us, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures.
in our offices including; remote working, distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points. We ensure that we follow the guidelines set out by the UK Government and implement appropriate changes, when necessary.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.