- Date Posted: 20/12/2019
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Fully Funded Cert CII, Profit Share Bonus, healthcare + more
- Division: Employee Benefits (Underwriting)
Client Handler - Personal Lines Insurance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced Personal Lines Client Handler to join their successful Employee Benefits (Underwriting) Team in Twickenham.
Our Employee Benefits Team specialise in providing tailored personal insurance solutions for members of employee benefit schemes across the UK.
Looking after a large number of existing clients, including an exclusive audience of employees and pensioners of several companies such as BP, Centrica and Shell, we also have delegated authority with a number of leading UK Insurers meaning we can go beyond the traditional role of a Broker by making underwriting decisions about new business, MTA and renewals.
High retention rates of over 90% demonstrate the quality of our service delivery.
As a Client Handler you’ll play an integral role within the team. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Handle day to day enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and policy management
- Meet and develop Client’s insurance needs
- Develop new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Enhance client/ insurer relationships
- Develop book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Understand the market available to secure and retain all risks
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships. It’s essential that you have intuitive people skills and the confidence to deliver an amazing client experience through careful and tailored communication as well as managing renewals with accuracy and confidence.
Technically, you’ll have solid Personal Lines Insurance product knowledge, preferably in Motor and Home.
We’re particularly looking for:
- A good technical understanding of Personal Lines products
- Confidence, communication and charisma. You’ll be comfortable working alongside your Team or under your own steam and won’t be afraid to ask questions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- IT confidence
- Have a Cert CII under your belt or at least have a keen interest in starting and committing to your CII journey
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
You’ll thrive on making a difference to a company, be a professional and convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in role that gives you balance and reward in equal measures. In return we can offer you a challenging and rewarding job within a professional, fun and relaxed working environment.
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
What you can expect from Sutton Winson
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII journey up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
- Equipse Me Healthcare
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loan
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We also want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage commitment to regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in Twickenham town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down
- Family-friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.