- Date Posted: 13/07/2018
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Bonus Structure in place
- Division: Employee Benefits - Development
Client Handler - Personal Lines Insurance
Sutton Winson is a privately owned Chartered Insurance Broker and professional risk advisory business, with offices in Middlesex and West Sussex. We service large quoted companies, privately owned organisations, and wealthy individuals all over the UK and overseas.
We are excited to offer a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and confident Personal Lines Client Handler to work within our Employee Benefits Development team in our Twickenham office.
As a member of the Development Team, you will support the employees and retirees of our client organisations by providing new business quotes for Home, Motor, Travel and other personal lines insurance products.
You will be given a prospect portfolio and expected to manage and grow the book using your own initiative. Therefore, the ability to cross-sell and use soft-sales skills with a diverse range of clients is essential.
As well as managing your own book, you will be providing administrative assistance to the Head of Development, the Team Manager and Client Managers. We therefore predominantly need someone who is proactive with strong communication skills and a desire to develop their professional career in the Personal Lines arena.
- Managing own book of prospects/clients ensuring their insurance needs are met, however bespoke or non-standard they may be
- Achieving expected new business income targets
- Developing and growing book through up-selling and cross-selling
- Handling day to day enquiries, pursuing new business from enquiry to policy
- Understanding the market available to them to secure and retain all risks including distressed and non-standard
- Attending Benefit Roadshows to educate and attract new prospects
- Occasional administrative assistance for Team Manager and Client Manager.
Skills and experience
We are looking for exceptionally strong candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Experience in personal lines insurance (Home/Car/Travel) with either a broker, insurer or similar organisation
- Excellent communication skills (particularly over the phone)
- Strong sales skills and a proven record of achieving targets
- High degree of accountability
- An ability to communicate confidently to create a good rapport and provide a positive client experience with clients at all times
- Self-motivation to complete tasks within required time frames
- Passion and energy to make a difference to team and company goals
- An ability to be proactive, use own initiative as well as working under pressure as part of a team
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of using Acturis advantageous
- CII qualified preferred or; studying/desire to study towards the qualification essential
- Ideally educated to A Level or Degree standard, however minimum requirement: GCSE grade C (or equivalent) achieved in: Maths, English and Science
Why Chose Sutton Winson?
For over 60 years, UK and Global businesses have entrusted us to source and manage their insurance portfolios – firms that appreciate our attention to detail and the benefits we bring. The satisfaction of our customers and, therefore, our success as a business, depends on the commitment and contribution of everyone that works at Sutton Winson.
Staff Training and Development
We are proud holders of the Investors in People Gold Award and we work hard to ensure that our staff feel valued and rewarded. To prove our commitment we actively encourage training and development, hold reviews twice a year, as well as regular 1-2-1 sessions to provide support and encouragement and promote a ‘Coaching Culture’ where knowledge is cascaded regularly.
After 20 years of holding Investors in People status, we were proud to be formally accredited with the Insurance Industry’s Gold Standard of Chartered Insurance Broker in December 2017. To be recognised as Chartered reinforces our long held values of professionalism and impartiality, and reflects our dedication to developing our people.
We work really hard to recruit people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to continue to develop their skills and knowledge. We know our staff’s knowledge is the key to our success and have established processes to ensure this develops.
We operate 2 offices, in Twickenham, Middlesex and Burgess Hill, West Sussex. Both offices are open plan and relaxed and are based in town/city centres, close to mainline stations. We operate a daily dress down policy to ensure the comfort of our staff and also provide complementary refreshments and fresh fruit.
Whilst we work hard for our clients, we also try hard to have fun, celebrate our successes throughout the year and encourage collaborative working through team building events, parties, team lunches and Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
If you think you have what we're looking for and want to be part of our team, Apply today and tell us what you can bring. We look forward to hearing from you.