- Date Posted: 10/08/2022
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Hybrid Working (after qual. period), Profit share bonus, CII
- Division: Media & Entertainment (Commercial)
Client Handler - Media & Entertainment Insurance
Fantastic growth opportunity for a confident and commercially aware Client Handler to join a specialist Media & Entertainment team within one of the UK’s top Independent Brokers.
As a Client Handler, you’ll be given responsibility for managing your own book of business within our successful and expert Media & Entertainment Team in Twickenham who provide specialist insurance solutions to a large portfolio of clients from the sector.
WHO YOU ARE
You will have built up some great experience within a Commercial insurance setting and be looking for your next career move together with a fresh and interesting challenge.
You’ll be hungry to succeed and build your career and will welcome the opportunity to grow your knowledge through the learning and development opportunities you’ll be offered. An interest in Media/ Entertainment would be an added bonus!
A natural and enthusiastic communicator with a strong customer service ethos, you’ll be confident:
- Building effective relationships with your clients, your team and the wider company
- Striving towards achieving your goals through self-development and being unafraid to ask questions
- Having a good general understanding of the technicalities and challenges Commercial insurance can bring
- Going the extra mile for your Team
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships. You’ll gain exposure to all aspects of managing your own portfolio of Media & Entertainment clients, through to building new business opportunities.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Handle media production-specific policies such as: Advertising Agents Indemnity, Commercial Producers Indemnity, Agency Wraps & Death & Disgrace policies
- Be the first point of contact for your media clients, through careful and tailored communication
- Manage policy renewals & MTAs with confidence and accuracy
- Negotiate effectively
- Work efficiently on achieving team objectives
- Assist in handling a book of media accounts with policies such as: Commercial Combined, Professional Indemnity, Cyber, Management Liability, Motor Fleet, Travel etc
The Media & Entertainment Team has big growth ambitions in this sector which provides opportunities to develop as an individual in areas that traditional broking may not offer.
Whilst you’ll be based in our Twickenham office, you may occasionally be asked to attend external client or insurer meetings with other Team Members. Also, due to the nature of the work/ productions, some out of hours working will be required. It’s therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Previous commercial insurance client handling experience and a solid technical understanding of Commercial products essential. Any experience in Media would be beneficial
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and confidence with decision making
- Strong IT skills – ideally using Acturis (not essential)
- Have a Cert CII or a genuine interest in achieving and continuing development
Whilst we welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we also look out for personality, team fit and someone who is able to make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
HOW YOU’LL SUCCEED
This role will be your gateway to develop a future skillset so it’s important to have the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business, as well as handling day-to-day enquiries.
You‘ll be offered a tailored and supported pathway to success, where you can expect to continue or build on your Commercial career.
You’ll also be provided with comprehensive training to enable you to achieve a high level of technical ability, together with fully-funded sponsorship to achieve or continue with your professional development through the CII.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond and being:
- One of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people centric company with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal and professional development
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (applied after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded CII pathway (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Daily Dress-Down
- Opportunity to participate in our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and opportunities to socialise
- Office close to Twickenham station
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop, progress and succeed, as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.