- Date Posted: 16/05/2022
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Profit Share Bonus, Funded CII, Healthcare + more
- Division: Employee Benefits (Underwriting)
- Reference: SWCH
Client Handler - Employee Benefits
A fantastic opportunity to grow your career in Personal Lines Insurance within one of the UK’s top independent Brokers.
As a Client Handler, you’ll play a key role in managing the insurance needs of an exclusive audience of clients within the large and successful Employee Benefits (Underwriting) Team who specialise in providing tailored personal insurance solutions for members of employee benefit schemes across the UK.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Client Handler you’ll play an integral role within the team. You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Handle day to day enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and policy management
- Meet and develop Client’s insurance needs
- Develop new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Enhance client/ insurer relationships
- Develop a book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Understand the market available to secure and retain all risks
The Team also has delegated authority with a number of leading UK insurers, which provides the opportunity to explore going beyond the traditional broker role through making underwriting decisions about new business, MTA and renewals.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
You will ideally have built up some experience within a Personal Lines insurance setting (ideally Home and Motor) and be looking for your next career move and a fresh challenge.
You’ll be hungry to succeed and build your career and will welcome the opportunity to grow your knowledge through the learning and development opportunities you’ll be offered.
A natural and enthusiastic communicator with a strong customer service ethos, you’ll be confident:
- Building effective relationships with your clients, your team and the wider company
- Striving towards achieving your goals through self-development and being unafraid to ask questions
- Having a good general understanding of the technicalities and challenges Personal insurance can bring
- Going the extra mile for your Team
- Intuitive people skills and confidence to delivery an amazing client experience
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and confidence with decision making
- Strong IT skills – ideally using Acturis (not essential)
- A Cert CII or genuine interest in achieving and continuing development
Whilst we welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we also look out for personality, team fit and someone who is able to make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE - REWARDS & BENEFITS:
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measure. In return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded and supported CII pathway (including membership, study materials, exam entry and paid study leave) plus generous achievement awards
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Twickenham town centre office with great transport links (no parking available)
- Daily dress-down – its about what you do, not what you wear!
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond and being:
- One of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people centric company with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal and professional development
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop, progress and succeed, as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment!
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.