- Date Posted: 24/05/2022
- Employment Type: Full Time, permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Hybrid Working (after qual. period), annual bonus, funded CII +
- Division: Burgess Hill Commercial
Client Handler - Commercial Insurance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Commercial Client Handler to join its successful and well-respected Commercial Team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Team, you’ll bring a solid knowledge of all Commercial products (including Property/ Business Interruption, Personal Indemnity, Liabilities and Cyber & Crime) and be able to effectively take ownership of our large client base with positivity, passion and professionalism.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Commercial Team in Burgess Hill deal with a broad spectrum of existing clients from a multitude of defined sectors and trades including; Motor Trade, Construction, Manufacturing, Charities and Global Businesses. Offering bespoke insurance solutions, they cover all classes of Commercial Insurance with premium levels up to £350,000.
On a day-to-day basis, you will have responsibility for administering policies, liaising with Insurers and clients to find the best solutions, provide support to the wider team, including Client Executives and Managers and acting as a reliable and informed point of contact for clients.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide a positive client experience through careful and tailored communication
- Manage renewals and placing policies with accuracy and confidence
- Generate new business and identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities
- Handle mid-term adjustments
- Provide support to other members of the team by way of maintaining Acturis records, obtaining e-Traded quotes and renewal terms via Acturis, assisting with matters arising from Acturis reporting as and when required
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Good technical understanding of Commercial products (Property Owners, Fleet, Construction, Manufacturing etc.)
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- You'll be Cert CII qualified or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey
We also look out for personality, team fit and someone who is able to make a really positive differece to the team and wider company.
HOW YOU’LL SUCCEED
This role will be your gateway to develop a future skillset so it’s important to have the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business, as well as handling day-to-day enquiries.
You‘ll be offered a tailored and supported pathway to success, where you can expect to continue or build on your career in Commercial Insurance.
You’ll also be provided with comprehensive training to enable you to achieve a high level of technical ability, together with fully-funded sponsorship to achieve or continue with your professional development through the CII.
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond and being:
- One of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people centric company with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal and professional development
REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures. In return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (applied after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded CII pathway (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Daily Dress-Down
- Opportunity to participate in our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and opportunities to socialise
- Office close to Burgess Hill station
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, progress, succeed and work with a great team of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.