- Date Posted: 17/10/2021
- Employment Type: Full Time. Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Division: Commercial SME
Client Handler - Commercial Enterprise (SME)
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for Commercially aware Client Handlers to join its Commercial Enterprise Team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Our Enterprise Team offer bespoke insurance solutions to a broad spectrum of Small/ Medium Enterprise (SME) clients including: Commercial Combined, Construction, Motor Trade, Property Owners, Motor Fleet, Financial Lines and more.
This exciting role will provide you with the perfect opportunity to continue, or build, a career in Commercial Insurance through exposure to all aspects of managing your own portfolio of SME clients, from account administration and dealing with enquiries through to building new business opportunities. Therefore, you'll bring a good understanding of all Commercial products and account handling as well as having the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business.
You’ll be provided with comprehensive training to enable you to achieve a high level of technical ability, together with fully-funded sponsorship to achieve a professional qualification, starting with the Certificate in Insurance from the Chartered Insurance Institute (Cert CII).
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Build and manage key client relationships
- Manage a portfolio of c.25 risks per month with a Premium range typically £750 - £15,000+
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross selling
- Deal with general enquiries from clients, including new business, mid -term renewals and retention, providing the best Customer Service at all times
- Manage policy renewals effectively and with accuracy
- Draft reports professionally and chase clients for information
- Provide support to the Client Manager and Client Executives
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships. It’s essential that you have intuitive people skills and the confidence to deliver an amazing client experience through careful and tailored communication as well as managing renewals with accuracy and confidence.
We are also looking for:
- Good technical understanding of Commercial products (Commercial Combined, Property Owners, Fleet, financial Lines)
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and convictive decision making
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using Acturis (not essential)
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Have a Cert CII under your belt or at least have a keen interest in starting and committing to your CII journey
- Commercial underwriting or claims background considered
Most of all, you’ll enjoy taking on new challenges and pushing your own personal development boundaries. We will also be looking at personality, team fit and someone who could genuinely make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (an opportunity to work with more flexibility after a qualifying period)
- Fully funded CII journey (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans & Bike to Work Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension
WHY SUTTON WINSON?
Sutton Winson Ltd is one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers with an enviable market reputation for providing exceptional service and bespoke insurance solutions to a broad spectrum of national and international clients.
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so will actively encourage regular training and personal development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
WORK + LIFE = BALANCE
- Hybrid Working Policy (applicable after a qualifying period)
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan office based in Burgess Hill town centre, close to the station and bus routes (no onsite parking).
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Active wellbeing Programme with Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular Team Building and social events (including Christmas party)
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team with opportunities to get involved in fundraising and community focused activities.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.