- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive - based on your experience
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8:45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Benefits: Hybrid working (after qual. period), fully funded CII +more
- Division: Commercial Enterprise
- Reference: SWNH
Client Handler - Commercial Enterprise
An exciting opportunity for a Commercially aware Client Handler to play an essential role within one of the UK’s top Independent Brokers.
As a Client Handler, you’ll be responsible for managing your own book of business within our large and successful Commercial (Enterprise) Team in Burgess Hill, who provide bespoke solutions to a broad spectrum of commercial clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will use this to build and manage key relationships. You’ll gain exposure to all aspects of managing your own portfolio of clients, through to building new business opportunities.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of c.25 risks per month with a Premium range typically £1,000 - £20,000+
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross selling
- Deal with general enquiries from clients, including new business, mid -term renewals and retention, providing the best Customer Service at all times
- Manage policy renewals effectively and with accuracy
- Draft reports professionally and chase clients for information
- Provide support to the Client Manager and Client Executives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
You will ideally have built up some experience within a Commercial insurance setting and be looking for your next career move and a fresh challenge. A natural and enthusiastic communicator with a strong customer service ethos, you’ll be confident:
- Building effective relationships with your clients, your team and the wider company
- Striving towards achieving your goals through self-development and being unafraid to ask questions
- Have good technical understanding of Commercial products (Commercial Combined, Property Owners, Fleet, Financial Lines)
- Be organised, accurate and have excellent attention to detail
- You will have passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Be effective, confident & considerate in your communication and be able to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and confidence with decision making
- Strong IT skills – ideally using Acturis (not essential)
- Have a Cert CII or a genuine interest in achieving and continuing development
- Commercial underwriting or claims background considered.
Whilst we welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we also look out for personality, team fit and someone who is able to make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE - REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (applied after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded CII pathway (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Opportunity to participate in our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and opportunities to socialise
- Office close to Burgess Hill station
- Daily Dress-Down – It’s not about what you wear, it’s about what you can do!
You’ll also be provided with comprehensive training to enable you to achieve a high level of technical ability, together with fully-funded sponsorship to achieve or continue with your professional development through the CII.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
We are a family-friendly company and are proud of putting our staff at the very core of who are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond and being:
- One of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- A CII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people centric company with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal and professional development.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop, progress and succeed, as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed, family-friendly and supportive environment!
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.