- Date Posted: 04/07/2018
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 08.45 to 17.00
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Division: Naylor Wright Team (Recruitment & Payroll Sectors)
- Contact: Jane.Byatt-Colantuono@swib.co.uk
Client Executive (Senior Technician)
An exciting opportunity for a Client Executive (Senior Technician) has arisen within the Naylor Wright Team based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
The role will be predominantly office based, providing essential support to the team who manage a portfolio of bespoke solutions to the recruitment and payroll sector. You will be involved in looking after clients with premium levels of £1,000 to £100,000 plus, in addition to dealing with renewals, negotiating, placing insurance policies, new business and mid-term adjustments.
It’s essential that you have experience of having worked within the Commercial Insurance sector and ideally have a good knowledge of Material Damage, Business Interruption, Liability and all other classes of commercial insurance. It’s also vital that you are able to work under pressure and have strong, intuitive people skills, which includes working effectively as part of the wider team. To allow for effective development of Client Manager Skills, you will be allocated smaller clients.
Naylor Wright is an insurance specialist operating in the Payroll and Agency sector since 1988. With growth ambitions in this sector, this role will provide opportunities to develop as an individual in areas that traditional broking may not offer.
We have delegated authority with one a major insurer which means we don’t act in the traditional role of a broker only but we make underwriting decisions about new business, MTAs and renewals. We enjoy very high retention rates of over 95% which demonstrates the quality of our service delivery. Therefore an ability to deliver a high standard of client service is crucial to our success.
This role offers a number of benefits, including a competitive salary and sponsorship to achieve CII Degree Level Accreditation.
- Day to day administration of client’s Commercial Insurances
- Liaising with clients and insurance companies to find best insurance solutions
- Developing new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Ensuring client’s insurance needs are accurately identified and met
- Integral Support to Client Managers and Head of Naylor Wright
- Communication with insurers/clients by telephone, letter and email
- Developing and enhancing our book of business through up-selling and cross-selling
- Attendance at some client meetings
- Develop and manage your own bank of small clients
Skills and experience
We are looking for exceptionally strong candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Commercial Insurance sector and ideally have a good knowledge of Material Damage, Business Interruption, Liability and all other classes of commercial insurance
- Experience of the recruitment and payroll sector advantageous
- Experience of using Acturis advantageous
- An ability to provide a positive client experience at all times
- An ability to communicate confidently to create a good rapport with clients
- Self-motivation to complete tasks within required time frames
- Ability to demonstrate passion and energy to make a difference to team and company goals
- Ability to use own initiative, work under pressure and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to impart knowledge to others and challenge insurers where appropriate
- Exceptional organisational/prioritisation skills
- Some focus on growing existing book of business via upsells and referrals
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Why Choose Sutton Winson?
At Sutton Winson, we invest heavily in our staff and are proud to have recently been awarded Investors In People ‘Gold’ status, as well as being named one of the top 5 Independent Brokers to Work for 2016. We support our staff with achieving their professional goals and offer opportunities to develop and further their careers through study and mentoring.
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these values.
Our bright, open plan office in Burgess Hill is centrally located within the town, just a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station (direct links to London and Brighton). We operate a daily dress down policy to ensure comfortable working for all our staff. We also provide unlimited tea and coffee and fresh fruit.
We enjoy working hard for our clients, but also know how to have fun and offer social events throughout the year, regular team lunches and frequent Corporate Social Responsibility activities to raise funds for community projects.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.