- Date Posted: 17/10/2021
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Division: Commercial SME Team
Client Executive - Commercial SME
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Client Executive (Senior Client Handler) to join its Commercial Enterprise Team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Our Enterprise Team offer bespoke insurance solutions to a broad spectrum of SME clients including: Commercial Combined, Construction, Motor Trade, Property Owners, Motor Fleet, Financial Lines and more.
You’ll bring expert knowledge in these lines of business and be confident in providing a positive client experience at all times, as well as acting as a technical referral point to your team, on occasion.
As a Client Executive, you will:
- Build and manage key client relationships
- Manage a portfolio of c.25 risks per month (typically 5-10 clients) with each client spending c.£3,000 - £20,000+
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross-selling
- Deal with general enquiries from clients, including new business, mid -term renewals and retention, providing the best Customer Service at all times
- Manage policy renewals effectively and with accuracy
- Draft reports professionally and chase clients for information
- Provide support to the Client Managers and mentor less experienced members of your team
Whilst you will be based in Burgess Hill, your clients will be based around the UK, so there may be an element of travel involved in this role (COVID restrictions permitting). It is therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent technical understanding of Commercial products (including Property/ Business Interruption, Professional Indemnity, Liabilities, Fleet, Motor Trade and Cyber & Crime)
- Considerable previous or current client handling experience & skills
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Intuitive thinking and strong decision making skills
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident IT skills and ideally, experience of using Acturis
- Be Cert CII qualified as a minimum and have the desire to continue studying towards DIP and possibly ACII.
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we also put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to your team and wider company.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You'll also be offered:
- Competitive salary, reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Cross-Selling reward scheme opportunities
- Fully funded CII journey
- Health Care (EquipsMe)
- 22 days holiday p.a., rising to 27 days max
- Season Ticket Loans and bike to work scheme
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- have recently achieved Chartered status
- were voted one of the Top 5 Independent Insurance Brokers to Work for
- won a Training award at the Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018!
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently. We work hard to recruit the right people who can make a real difference and just as hard to help them to develop their skills and knowledge.
WORK + LIFE = BALANCE
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Regular Training opportunities (including CII, online training portal and peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in Burgess Hill town centre, 5 minute walk from the mainline station and bus routes.
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Active wellbeing Programme with Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular Team Building and fun socialising events (including a Christmas Party)
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team with opportunities to get involved and support fund-raising events
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.