For current information regarding insurances and COVID-19: we are regularly updating this landing page as the situation progresses, please check here for guidance.
Client Executive - Commercial
- Date Posted: 12/08/2021
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Division: Commercial Account Managed
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced Client Executive to join its Commercial Account Managed Team in Twickenham to support with managing insurance needs for large portfolio clients.
This promises to be an interesting and varied role where you will be dealing with all classes of Commercial Insurance from a broad spectrum of clients including; Manufacturing, Retail, Property Owners’, Motor Trade, Construction, Charities and Global Businesses.
Playing an integral role in the Team, you will:
- Handle a book of accounts with premium levels circa £10k - £250k
- Provide essential support and work in conjunction with Client Managers / wider team
- Negotiate with Insurers, place insurance policies, liaise with clients, produce quality client documentation including Renewal Reports & Summaries of Insurance, carry out contract reviews
- Manage renewals, some new business and mid-term adjustments
- Grow existing book of business via up-selling/ cross-selling and referrals
- Act as a Technical referral point within team
- Attend client meetings
This role will be your gateway to develop a future skillset so it’s important to have the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business, as well as handling day-to-day enquiries.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
It’s essential that you have experience of having worked within the Commercial Insurance sector, ideally with a good knowledge of all classes of commercial insurance.
You'll also have:
- Previous commercial insurance client handling experience and a solid technical understanding of Commercial products
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Intuitive thinking and confident decision making
- Effective, confident & considerate communication both in writing and verbally, together with an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- CII Certificate in Insurance (or working towards), Dip CII or ACII qualification
- Competent IT skills with the ability to learn new systems/ processes quickly. Knowledge of Acturis an advantage.
- Minimum A Levels, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
We welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability but we also look out for personality, team fit and someone who is able to make a positive difference to the team and wider company.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We love working with great people and are passionate about providing a supportive and nurturing environment. We want you to be at the top of your game, so we actively encourage regular training and professional development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded CII pathway (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans & Bike to Work Scheme
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
Sutton Winson is one of the UK’s largest Independent Insurance Brokers serving client in the UK and Worldwide from our offices in Burgess Hill and Twickenham. We are proud to be known as a people-centric company, to prove this, we:
- Hold an Investors in People Gold Award
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
WORK + LIFE = BALANCE
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan offices, based in the town centre, 5-10 minutes’ walk from the mainline station and bus routes
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
The health and safety of our staff is of paramount importance to us, therefore, following detailed and regular Risk Assessments, we have implemented strict health and safety measures in our offices including; remote working, distanced desks, staff rotation, personal use IT and telephony equipment, a one way system and sanitation points. We ensure that we follow the guidelines set out by the UK Government and implement appropriate changes, when necessary.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Apply today and let us know what you could bring to Sutton Winson.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.