- Date Posted: 12/10/2022
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Hybrid Working (after qual. period), fully funded CII + more
- Division: Commercial Claims - Twickenham
- Reference: SWPA
Claims Handler / Senior Claims Handler - Commercial
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UKs largest independent Insurance Brokers, are offering an exciting opportunity for a talented and technically astute Claims Handler / Senior Claims Handler to join its highly respected Commercial Claims Team in Twickenham.
The Team prides itself on offering a tailored and customer-centric approach to Commercial Claims, providing expert guidance and negotiation along with a prompt and efficient service.
This role offers you the opportunity to play an integral part in this high-performing team, where you will manage your own varied caseload of claims and provide expert claims relationship to our clients.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Maintaining and managing your own personal caseload of claims
- Handling claims that fall within the agreed definition of ‘Large Loss’ on referral and ensuring policy cover has been correctly interpreted
- Taking notifications from clients, setting up new claims and handling the process from start to finish
- Effectively negotiating with Insurers, Accident Management companies, Solicitors and Third Parties to keep the process moving
- Ensuring clients are kept updated and informed during the claims process, whilst managing expectations and assisting with settlements
- Producing and collating claims data and analyse trends
- Developing relationships with insurers and suppliers
- Scrutinising Insurer claims reports
- Delivering case studies to the Claims team to provide collective learning opportunities
- Attending client meetings and field visits with Client Managers/ Executives
- Liaising effectively with Commercial Client Managers and Executives to gain an in-depth understanding of each case
- Negotiating with Insurers to ensure the best outcome for your clients.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
You’ll have an excellent understanding of Commercial products and will be confident taking ownership of your clients with positivity, passion and professionalism.
We are particularly looking for someone who can ideally bring:
- An excellent knowledge handling motor vehicle fleet and/or motor trade (road risk) claims, property damage claims, pre-action protocols and timeframes within portability on Liability claims
- An understanding of EL/PL/D&O/Marine claims, would be advantageous, but training will be given to the successful candidate as required
- Risk Management advice experience; including spotting claims trends and the remedial action needed.
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Negotiation skills and decision-making confidence
- Ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- Problem solving skills - you must enjoy a challenge!
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Empathy and patience preferably with experience of dealing with vulnerable customers
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence and, ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- A CII qualification (or prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey and beyond).
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE - REWARDS & BENEFITS:
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measure. In return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded CII pathway (including membership, study materials, exam entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Daily dress-down
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Town centre office close to Twickenham station (no parking available).
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR?
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. We love working with great people and, even more so, we love to support, nurture and develop. We want our people to be at the top of their game, so we encourage regular training and development through online learning, peer mentoring, lunch & learn sessions and external training.
By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders since 1998
- A CCII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, develop, progress and succeed as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.