- Date Posted: 12/05/2022
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Benefits: Hybrid Working (after qual. period), bonus, healthcare
- Division: Personal
Claims Handler - Personal Insurance
Sutton Winson Ltd, one of the UKs largest independent Insurance Brokers, are looking for an experienced and talented Claims Handler to join its Personal Lines Claims Team in Twickenham.
Claims are the ‘Shop Front’ of the Insurance sector and one of the most challenging and rewarding environments within the industry.
Our Personal Lines Claims Team, based in Twickenham, handle a wide variety of claims for many different clients who have home, motor, travel and personal accident insurance policies with us.
This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing team and work for a company that will support you with developing skills in all aspects of Claims Handling, enabling you to manage claims from cradle to grave up to a high financial limit under our various Delegated Authority arrangements.
As a Claims Handler for Sutton Winson, you will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the UK Insurance Industry and the Principles of Insurance
- Receive expert technical training on our Claims service from end to end
- Receive full funding and support to gain an industry recognised CII qualification
- Work towards becoming a Claims Negotiator within a company that is recognised industry–wide as having an excellent reputation for developing & nurturing staff
- Learn to operate our Broking Systems (Acturis and Tristan)
- Develop your customer service skills to build and manage key internal and external relationships
- Work within a friendly and supportive team
So, if you’ve been handling Personal claims at either an insurer, broker or in a Loss Adjusting firm, enjoy solving problems, are an analytical thinker and pride yourself on being a resilient people person, not afraid to ask questions, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Playing an integral part in the Personal Claims Team and wider Personal Division, you’ll have a good basic understanding of personal lines products and be confident to take ownership of you clients with positivity, passion and professionalism.
We are particularly looking for someone who can bring:
- Home/ Personal claims handling experience
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Negotiation skills and decision-making confidence
- Ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- Problem solving skills - you must enjoy a challenge!
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Empathy and patience preferably with experience of dealing with vulnerable customers
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence and, ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- A Cert CII qualification or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey
You’ll thrive on making a difference to a company, be a professional and convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in role that gives you balance and reward in equal measures. In return we can offer you a challenging and rewarding job within a professional, fun and relaxed working environment.
Whilst we naturally welcome professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, we put a high value on personality, team fit and the ability to make a positive difference to the team and to the wider company.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR
We are a family-friendly company and place our staff at the very core of who we are and what we do. By championing training and development, we aim to get the best out of everyone we work with by going above and beyond. We are proud to be:
- One of the UK’s largest, independent Insurance Brokers
- Investors in People Gold Award Holders
- A CCII Chartered Broker
- A Top 5 Broker to work for
- A people-centric employer with strong values
- A company that actively encourages and sponsors continual personal development
REWARDS & BENEFITS
You’ll thrive on being challenged in a role that provides balance and reward in equal measures and, in return, you’ll benefit from:
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment for a company with an exceptional industry-wide reputation for training and development
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid Working (after qualifying period)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Fully funded CII pathway (including membership, study materials, exam entry and paid study leave) plus achievement awards
- Daily dress-down
- Opportunity to participate on our proactive Corporate Social Responsibility programme, including fundraising for local projects and regular support for local food banks
- Fun company events and social opportunities
- Town centre office close to Twickenham station
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the opportunity to learn, develop, progress and succeed as well as work with a great bunch of people in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Sutton Winson Ltd recognises and encourages the values that diversity brings and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Friendly but professional group of people, everyone seems very proud to say they work here and takes pride in their work.
Great place to work. Good atmosphere. Awesome staff.